Nissan Frontier Forum banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,290 Posts
Unless more members would take the time to participate it's not worth the time and effort to hold the event.
I'm kinda with you here. Nobody seems to care anymore. When I joined this forum 4 years ago, there were typically 100 or so votes each month. Often 6-8 trucks made it into the final. It's gradually decreased to closer to something like 30 votes and 1-3 trucks in the final. For whatever reason, people have lost interest.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
I'm kinda with you here. Nobody seems to care anymore. When I joined this forum 4 years ago, there were typically 100 or so votes each month. Often 6-8 trucks made it into the final. It's gradually decreased to closer to something like 30 votes and 1-3 trucks in the final. For whatever reason, people have lost interest.
I have absolutely nothing against the 4x4 owners, but maybe...just maybe it got to a point where there were no trucks being chosen but the monster truck wannabe's. Something like I suggested or some form of it may be doable, to rekindle interest in TOTM. That's even if the powers that be deem it worthy enough to bring back.

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
A lot of the trucks are basically the same thing. Only a handful of rigs really stand out, so I can see where the boredom factor would come in from the general site population. You can only look at just so many Titan Swapped trucks before they all start looking the same.

That's not to say there isn't a large variety of differet mods people have done, it's just that a lot of them aren't necessarily noticeable right off the bat. A lot of people on this forum have some very nifty mods to their trucks that are more detail oriented.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Maybe if there was a way just to get anyone's truck on the home page. Modded or not. The site needs a frontier on the home page, let's be real.
But if there was a way for the "spacer lift & stock tire" driver to get on there, it'd be worth it. But then you're back to nominating and voting. What if, like every month everyone who's birthday fell within that month was eligible for TOTM or something like that?
Just a way for the average guy to get a rush out of getting his truck featured on the home page. Stock or Modded. Maybe he/she cleaned it really well and took some nice pictures, he/she should be eligible to have his/her handy work posted on the Web.
Just as an example.

·
Registered
6,057 Posts
The interest got lost when it started being the same trucks being nominated month after month.
Truck A didn't win this month? Then let's just nominate again next month and the next month...

·
Registered
429 Posts
Agree. Mostly the same members' trucks being nominated month after month.
And since everyone is a hardcore rock crawling warrior, the nominations follow accordingly.

Definitely need mods for suspension and tire. All the repeat threads should be merged into the Master Susp Repeat Thread or the Master Tire Repeat Thread.
Best Signature Mod List so far. You may rub some the wrong way sir, but I do enjoy the attitude at times. That mixed with the famous picture of your "truck" makes for some mid-workday chuckles.

Thank you. As you were, sir.

·
Registered
905 Posts
The interest got lost when it started being the same trucks being nominated month after month.
Truck A didn't win this month? Then let's just nominate again next month and the next month...
The issue I see is that there are too many trucks that slip through the cracks to get enough attention to be nominated. It really is the same ones getting nominated every month. If the individual can nominate their own truck and it gets put to a vote youll have over 15 entries every month. Yeah some might not get any votes. But that just means you should look for a good photo op spot. Ill pick a great picture with a stock truck over a shitty picture with a built truck.

·
Premium Member
3,550 Posts
Set up a photo filmstrip to rotate through all submitted pics (1 per user ID). Every time somebody loads the Home page, they get a different photo.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Set up a photo filmstrip to rotate through all submitted pics (1 per user ID). Every time somebody loads the Home page, they get a different photo.
I like that idea a lot. That way everyone gets a little exposure.
There could be just a thread started "Photos for the home page" and the mod in charge of the home page could go through the thread of user submitted photos and choose a different one every month.
No discussion, no comments, just photo after photo of trucks. 4x4, 2wd, Street, modded, stock, etc. And the mod can throw a pic up every week/biweek/month whatever.
But they have to be good pictures that represent the forum and the truck. No crappy "Cell phone" shots. Obviously some Cell phones take great photos, I'm just generalizing because everyone knows what I'm leaning toward. Grainy, blurry, etc.

·
Rogue Admin
12,840 Posts
Self-nomination could work. It would also bring out some other photos that aren't just a truck with a tire on a rock. I have voted in the past because I liked the pic - the time I nominated Kamikaze because of the snow pic he had - I liked that picture, the truck just got him there.

·
Super Moderator
4,975 Posts
What's it take to become a moderator? I'm sure there's some folks on here that would take the responsibility if we needed a couple more. I know I'd help out if need be, I love the site and don't want to see it die out! I'd even be up for tackling the TOTM if you guys could bear with me for the first month or 2 lol while I got the whole thing down.
I am in with ya on this. Wouldnt mind becoming a mod and helping out.
I'd be in too. I'm always on here for a minimum of 20 minutes 3 times a day :D

How about a committee of members to pick out a top 3 (or 4 or 5 or whatever) or so from pictures posted for the month, then we all vote and the winner gets it? This way nobody has to submit and we're all automatic entrants? I'd volunteer to be on the committee.
I'd volunteer too, but then all of the members of that committee would have to be browsing a lot of the smaller threads so that we don't end up locked in a limited loop of trucks like before.

What if, like every month everyone who's birthday fell within that month was eligible for TOTM or something like that?
I like that idea!

The issue I see is that there are too many trucks that slip through the cracks to get enough attention to be nominated. It really is the same ones getting nominated every month. If the individual can nominate their own truck and it gets put to a vote youll have over 15 entries every month. Yeah some might not get any votes. But that just means you should look for a good photo op spot. Ill pick a great picture with a stock truck over a shitty picture with a built truck.
That was always the problem with nominations; sometimes I would want to nominate a truck that I had only seen one or two pictures of and really liked the work that person had done. But because they weren't super active on CF, I couldn't remember their screen name, or where I saw the picture. I think that's why so many of the same trucks were getting nominated; there are only so many people on here that are constantly modifying their trucks and posting about it. So those who only post every now and then get forgotten or lost :(

I like this idea too! Or even just have it change every few minutes.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Not sure where this is at now. But if we need more folks helping out (more hands make the work easier and faster) I am willing to take on some responsibility. I am on here several times per day, though I don't always post.

Not exactly sure what needs to be done nor how to get "assigned" a job but, I'm game.

·
Registered
823 Posts
This is the truth.

I think one of the problems is that it takes too many nominations to get into the final, and then you only have two nominations. For example if it took two nominations to get into the finals we would have more trucks because there are more nominations to go around. I have used one of my nominations to get someone who had 4 noms into the final. I would have used it to nominate someone who wasn't even on the list. I'm sure most of you have done the same thing.

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
This is the truth.

I think one of the problems is that it takes too many nominations to get into the final, and then you only have two nominations. For example if it took two nominations to get into the finals we would have more trucks because there are more nominations to go around. I have used one of my nominations to get someone who had 4 noms into the final. I would have used it to nominate someone who wasn't even on the list. I'm sure most of you have done the same thing.
many a time. i think this is a very valid point as well.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
I'm liking the idea of making it picture of the month/year with the scrolling pics on the homepage to vote on.
Time to move on. I'd say it's a safe bet this will not be brought back. Look at the homepage, it is now being used to promote the autoguide website. Near the end there were very few people interested/participating. If it were brought back why would the level of interest/participation suddenly change?

41 - 60 of 69 Posts