Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got in May 2008 and noticed cracks July 2009!
Sagged and must have held water...
Cracks in the plastic decking.
Now the things coming apart!
Really, 1 year and it looks like this...:thatswck:
No warranty because I didnt notice the cracks untill July.
Bakflip offing replacement at discount (amount yet to be advised)

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
le booo.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
check out undercover, mine still looks like brand new

·
Registered
419 Posts
Yikes, need to keep my info, just in case. Just installed mine last night. Really considered the HD one, but it was $200 more, plus I got a really good deal on mine.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am in idaho so there was some snow on it but I drive everyday so it would never sit on it for very long... also garaged and would occasionaly do the "Son-of-a-gun" treatment to keep it nice. What I did notice it that after several months it developed a slight sag and the rain water would sit on it..then one day I noticed bubbles and thats when I saw the cracks that developed...

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
My agricover access cover is over a year old now and It's still holding up well. Has gone through 2 summers, enough rain and a bunch of snow, with a lot of use in between. No issues here with it, would definitly recommend it as an alternative to the bakflip.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I've had my Bak Flip for 2+ years now. Thought it would hold up better for the price. Looking for a possible replacement. I like the hard covers like these. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
733 Posts
I've had my Bak Flip for 2+ years now. Thought it would hold up better for the price. Looking for a possible replacement. I like the hard covers like these. Any suggestions?
i guess for $200 more, the HD alternative for bakflip might be a better choice.
but im sure there are prolly better ones for better price

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
I bought a trifold trifecta from Extang when they first came out. I had an issue with the corner pulling up and they have a lifetime warranty. I took a pic, cut out the stamped part number inside the cover and sent that to them. They sent me a brand new 1 in a week that Ive had no other issues with in 3 years. And I do love it, very easy to use, and I can take it off in 30 seconds

·
Registered
857 Posts
IdK why everyone loves this cover. My boss has it on his F150 and I think its the biggest POS in the world. You can't fully open it to use the full bed, it feels flimsy and his is about a year old too and its already falling apart. My dad's got a roll up soft cover and he's had it for about 3 years now, and its the best thing I've seen. I'm def going with that when it comes time for a cover.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
IdK why everyone loves this cover. My boss has it on his F150 and I think its the biggest POS in the world. You can't fully open it to use the full bed, it feels flimsy and his is about a year old too and its already falling apart. My dad's got a roll up soft cover and he's had it for about 3 years now, and its the best thing I've seen. I'm def going with that when it comes time for a cover.
the problem with the rollup is that the box takes up precious cargo space.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Which cover are you talking about.....the Extang?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hey, just curious what you heard back from them. I had an issue (nothing major), so I sent an e-mail at like 3:30 this afternoon. Julian, the COO, called me like 2 and a half hours later and told me what he thought the issue was. He was right and all is well. From that experience, I am pretty impressed with their customer service if nothing else.

And as for why people like this cover so much, it is a great compromise of security and functionality. It will deter many would be thieves being that it is hard, but also allows you to use the full bed easily. A soft cover is easily opened (removed or cut, depending on the style) if someone really wanted to see/get what was in your bed.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey, just curious what you heard back from them. I had an issue (nothing major), so I sent an e-mail at like 3:30 this afternoon. Julian, the COO, called me like 2 and a half hours later and told me what he thought the issue was. He was right and all is well. From that experience, I am pretty impressed with their customer service if nothing else.

And as for why people like this cover so much, it is a great compromise of security and functionality. It will deter many would be thieves being that it is hard, but also allows you to use the full bed easily. A soft cover is easily opened (removed or cut, depending on the style) if someone really wanted to see/get what was in your bed.
They got back to me... said it was out of warranty but offered the "HD" for under 400.00 + ft. I may do that, since any other replacement I look at just doesnt fit my needs. I at least get 2 year warranty with the HD...we'll see. Review pending if/when I get it.

·
Registered
419 Posts
They got back to me... said it was out of warranty but offered the "HD" for under 400.00 + ft. I may do that, since any other replacement I look at just doesnt fit my needs. I at least get 2 year warranty with the HD...we'll see. Review pending if/when I get it.
I do kind of wish that I had gotten the HD version now. Guess all I can do is wait and see. Hopefully they have been continually upgrading the design as they have gone along.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts