Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i installed an alpine headunit last night and it went nice and smooth. only problem is now i do not have any lights on behind my a/c controls. Ive double checked the plugs and they are all properly plugged in.

Also now when i turn the truck on the pass air bag off light is on for about 5-10 secs then it goes off, this has never happend before until i put the headunit in.

So my question is how do you get lights again behind your a/c controls and how do you turn the pass airbag back on??

Also i did the airbag reset thing and that stopped it from doing the blinking but its still on when i turn the truck on

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
You double checked the 3 wire connections that are behind the AC controls? I have seen this happen before...

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
You double checked the 3 wire connections that are behind the AC controls? I have seen this happen before...
theres one that goes into the airbag light.

one that goes into the hazard switch

and one that goes into the box behind the a/c controls.

I unplugged each one then replugged them in.

I dont see how a fuse could have blown but i will go out and check for any right now.

Alright i must have just never noticed but the manual says that the airbag light comes on everytime you start it then it shuts off.

But i checked every fuse and all of them were good.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looked at them to see if they were blown.

and also i put the stock unit back in and the lights on it do not work either.

what if i unplug the battery for awhile maybe something will reset

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
looking at them will not prove they are still good. you need a test light and the ignition key turned to ON. also check the fuse box under the hood.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i just dont see how a fuse blew tho. I mean the display on the stock cd player lights up but the buttons dont. and the light for a/c and the little car thing work. but the lights around the dials dont.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Deff. sounds like a fuse. As mylt1 said above,,,check the fuses in the kick panel and under the hood (by the battery). Use a meter to check the fuses for a lot can be missed based on visual alone.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i realized i had no running lights tonight so i check the tail lamp fuse and it was blown. so i replaced it and what do you know the a/c controls lit up

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
hate to say it but, TOLD YA SO. LOL.:nana:

just bustin your chops. fuses are about the only reason i own a test light. well, till recently, i bought a nice multi-meter to take its place.

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
IDK what it is about these trucks but they seem to be wired so the fuses are right at there limit to begin with. i have popped a couple for no known reason. just a little FYI, anything there is something wrong electrical, you have 2 main suspects. bad fuse or bad ground.

·
Registered
831 Posts
IDK what it is about these trucks but they seem to be wired so the fuses are right at there limit to begin with. i have popped a couple for no known reason. just a little FYI, anything there is something wrong electrical, you have 2 main suspects. bad fuse or bad ground.
Agreed 100%

and then they put fuses freakin' everywhere. EVERYWHERE. On the battery harness pos+ cable, the IPDM (fuse box under hood), hidden fuses and relays that are irreplaceable INSIDE the IPDM module, fuses by the glove box... geh.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts