Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my 2007 Nissan Frontier. I bought it new. BUT, I have never been able to get any heat from the vent for my feet. With the possibility of another blizzard in my part of Texas, I would really like to have heat to my feet. At one point, years ago, I talked to my Nissan dealer, but unfortunately, they were no help. Can anyone tell me where I might look to fix this issue? Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I love my 2007 Nissan Frontier. I bought it new. BUT, I have never been able to get any heat from the vent for my feet. With the possibility of another blizzard in my part of Texas, I would really like to have heat to my feet. At one point, years ago, I talked to my Nissan dealer, but unfortunately, they were no help. Can anyone tell me where I might look to fix this issue? Thank you in advance.
Could be a blend door issue. Do you get heat from the other positions?

·
Registered
500 Posts
If air is coming out of the vent you need the milk jug mod. Made a big difference on mine.

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
14,339 Posts
If air is coming out of the vent you need the milk jug mod. Made a big difference on mine.

I see your milk jug mod and raise you with the rubber hose/shop vac attachment mod.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When you change the air mode from defrost to vent to floor, does anything change with the defrost and dash vent airflow? Auto temp control or manual?
It's pretty crazy. I had looked elsewhere on the net, and found a suggestion to set it for vent with the engine on, and then turn the fan to high. I could then actually feel air coming out of the vents for the feet. I guess it's another one of those weird things that fix themselves after you ask for help. I swear, I have not been able to get air from there before, and I am the original owner. Happy Thanksgiving to all. I am indeed thankful.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
I had looked elsewhere on the net, and found a suggestion to set it for vent with the engine on, and then turn the fan to high. I could then actually feel air coming out of the vents for the feet. I guess it's another one of those weird things that fix themselves...
That's not fixed.
You need to replace the mode door actuator. Sounds like a few teeth are broken on the driven gear inside the motor. When the actuator is removed, be certain the mode door itself moves freely through the whole range. Hopefully nothing dropped down a vent or defrost which is jamming the door.

Air always flows through the floor vents to varying degrees, depending on the settings (and fan on). But the most air will flow out with the dial setting on floor or floor/defrost... if the mode door motor is working properly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts