Nissan Frontier Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Frontier SV 4x2 Crewcab
65 Posts
It looks bloated, just like all the rest of the mid-sized trucks on the market (with the possible exception of the Ridgeline).

They all look like they're suffering from full-size envy - like they're desperately trying to be something they aren't.
[/QUOTE]
Even the Ridgeline went to a more squared-off, aggressive looking front end. I think the '22 Frontier is a nice callback to the hard body Nissans in appearance, but agree the mid-sized truck market is increasingly giant.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Try a bench seat when your wife is 5’2” and you’re 6’3”. Better be ready to do all the driving on long trips.
No interest in a newer Frontier at today’s crazy prices. Would buy a F150 instead.
All these trucks now look the same, bloated with a big blocky look. Trying to compensate.

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Frontier SV 4x2 Crewcab
65 Posts
Try a bench seat when your wife is 5’2” and you’re 6’3”. Better be ready to do all the driving on long trips.
No interest in a newer Frontier at today’s crazy prices. Would buy a F150 instead.
All these trucks now look the same, bloated with a big blocky look. Trying to compensate.
That is exactly our height difference, we don't have a bench seat, and magically I'm still doing all the driving :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2015 Nissan Frontier Pro4x
379 Posts
Someone here needs to measure their seat bottoms and console to compare gen 2 to gen 3.

Clint
center console on the 3rd gen is less than 1/2" wider than the 2nd. seats on the other hand, i measured at the base of the bottom cushion between the rails. the 3rd gen is 1.5" more narrow than the 2nd.

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Frontier CC 4x4
833 Posts
Dang, 1.5" is a LOT.
Yes it is. Now I wonder where that 1" that was lost went to? If the console is only 0.5 wider but the seats are 1.5 narrower.........

·
Super Moderator
12,314 Posts
Does this new truck have a plastic tranny oil pan ?
Almost all new trucks have the plastic pan, not just Nissan.

Clint

·
Premium Member
8,305 Posts
'15 was the final year to get a 6-sp KC in the USA.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I am having a problem with the seat of my 2009 Sienna van. I have back problems and the seat doesn't fit right. I went looking thru the wrecking yard for a comfortable seat to swap into it, even knowing I'll have to fabricate new brackets to make it fit. I was surprised at how narrow nearly all the seats bottoms were, even in full size vehicles, and often the side bolsters of the seat backs were too high and confining. As for the seat in my '01 Frontier - after an hour it feels like I'm sitting on a buckboard wagon it's so hard but it's lumbar contour is better than the Sienna.

·
Registered
2022 Frontier SV LWB 4x4
559 Posts
I agree. The new seats are extremely narrow and the way they contour around my back is terrible. But I don't find them to be firm, rather I think they're too soft. They feel like seats that have 200,000 miles on them already. I feel like I'm falling down into them. Seat cushion is too soft, back cushion is too hard, and it's all too narrow.
You would be correct in the the seat from the 22 is softer than the older truck. I've had the seat cushion out of my 2013 and my 2022. The seat on fhe 2013 is just a steel pan with the seat foam. The 2022 seat uses a steel pan for the front half and seat springs at the back half.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I agree with those that prefer a bench seat. My 1992 Chevy Silverado had the super comfortable bench seat that included a fold down arm rest. Also, it had a my preferred manual trans, just like my gen 2 frontier.
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Car seat cover Steering wheel
Motor vehicle Car seat cover Car Automotive design Tints and shades

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
The split bench was probably the pinnacle of front seat design - Individually adjustable for the driver and front passenger, but could also be positioned to accommodate a second front passenger in the middle.

Reactions: MiniDuti

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
The split bench was probably the pinnacle of front seat design - Individually adjustable for the driver and front passenger, but could also be positioned to accommodate a second front passenger in the middle.
Yep I had the 60/40 in 3 or 4 of my trucks with a fold down armrest storage.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts