Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I drove a '22 CCLB fully expecting to be blown away. No denying it is a great-looking truck. Especially compared to my '19 CC SV. Transmission shifted smoothly. Nissan finally brought the tech up to par. I drove a '22 KC S a couple months ago and liked it except for the perception that the seats were narrow. For me the SV seats seem narrow, overly firm and don't fit my back well. The manual seats on my '19 SV have always been supremely comfortable. Also noticed the raised, longer hood and extra inch of bed height impacts visibility around the truck.

I was really wanting to move to a 4x4 with 6' bed. For now I will stay with my Gen2.

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Frontier CC 4x4
835 Posts
I agree. The new seats are extremely narrow and the way they contour around my back is terrible. But I don't find them to be firm, rather I think they're too soft. They feel like seats that have 200,000 miles on them already. I feel like I'm falling down into them. Seat cushion is too soft, back cushion is too hard, and it's all too narrow.

·
Super Moderator
12,317 Posts
Yesterday I drove a '22 CCLB fully expecting to be blown away. No denying it is a great-looking truck. Especially compared to my '19 CC SV. Transmission shifted smoothly. Nissan finally brought the tech up to par. I drove a '22 KC S a couple months ago and liked it except for the perception that the seats were narrow. For me the SV seats seem narrow, overly firm and don't fit my back well. The manual seats on my '19 SV have always been supremely comfortable. Also noticed the raised, longer hood and extra inch of bed height impacts visibility around the truck.

I was really wanting to move to a 4x4 with 6' bed. For now I will stay with my Gen2.
A question for you, should something arise and you must replace your truck, would you buy it then?
I bet the suspension settles and that extra inch goes away. My Challenger settled in the first six months and I needed new ramps as the front splitter couldn’t clear the incline any longer.

Clint

·
Registered
2021 Frontier SV CC 4x4; 2018 Frontier SV KC 4x2
832 Posts
A question for you, should something arise and you must replace your truck, would you buy it then?
I bet the suspension settles and that extra inch goes away. My Challenger settled in the first six months and I needed new ramps as the front splitter couldn’t clear the incline any longer.

Clint
He’s talking about the extra height of the bed sides, the walls.

Reactions: ubertalldude

·
Super Moderator
12,317 Posts
He’s talking about the extra height of the bed sides, the walls. Not the suspension height.
If the suspension settles the bed height will too. An inch is so negligible most would never notice. In my Titan the reach can be an issue so I have the bed step as I need it to more easily get into the bed at times.

Clint

·
Registered
2021 Frontier SV CC 4x4; 2018 Frontier SV KC 4x2
832 Posts
If the suspension settles the bed height will too. An inch is so negligible most would never notice. In my Titan the reach can be an issue so I have the bed step as I need it to more easily get into the bed at times.

Clint
The bed box is 1” deeper, meaning the bed sides are 1” taller, than the previous model. I believe this is what the OP is talking about.

Reactions: ubertalldude

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Clint
Yes. It is way better than the other mid-size options. If I didn't need a work truck I'd probably move to the Ridgeline.
I had a 2016 GMC Canyon previously. Really capable truck but the seats were so bad my tailbone hurt. When I traded it on my Frontier I couldn't believe how much more comfortable and refined it was.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree. The new seats are extremely narrow and the way they contour around my back is terrible. But I don't find them to be firm, rather I think they're too soft. They feel like seats that have 200,000 miles on them already. I feel like I'm falling down into them. Seat cushion is too soft, back cushion is too hard, and it's all too narrow.
Now I could be off on this but it seems like they kept the width of the truck the same and made the console wider so the seats had to be narrower. GMC did that on the 2016 Canyon I owned, thinking the bigger console was a selling point I guess.

·
Super Moderator
12,317 Posts
Now I could be off on this but it seems like they kept the width of the truck the same and made the console wider so the seats had to be narrower. GMC did that on the 2016 Canyon I owned, thinking the bigger console was a selling point I guess.
Someone here needs to measure their seat bottoms and console to compare gen 2 to gen 3.

Clint

·
Registered
2022 Frontier S 4x4
286 Posts
I suspect it varies with trim level too. My ‘22 S has much firmer seats than my ‘19 S. I agree the about the narrow seats. After I get into the truck I have to shift my body a little so I’m sitting dead nuts in the middle. If I’m off half an inch I can feel it in my butt especially where my wallet is.

·
Super Moderator
12,317 Posts
I suspect it varies with trim level too. My ‘22 S has much firmer seats than my ‘19 S. I agree the about the narrow seats. After I get into the truck I have to shift my body a little so I’m sitting dead nuts in the middle. If I’m off half an inch I can feel it in my butt especially where my wallet is.
The chiropractor said to remove my wallet while sitting in a vehicle as it shifts your pelvis. I put it in the console and am much more comfortable. Try it and feel the difference.

Clint

·
Registered
2022 Frontier S 4x4
286 Posts
100% agree. My normal drive time is 13 minutes and doesn’t bother me too much, but if go “anywhere else” that wallet comes right out first thing.

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Frontier CC 4x4
835 Posts
If I’m off half an inch I can feel it in my butt especially where my wallet is.
Precisely. That combined with the pencil-thin steering wheel made for girl hands makes me wonder if an adult American male ever sat in prototype trucks at all during design phase.

There are so many minor tweaks that could have made this truck perfect. A man sized steering wheel, telescoping feature, 1" added to seat cushion width, and some recline on the second row seat backs for comfort. It's so close to being the perfect truck.....

• Haha
Reactions: vjmvjm

·
Registered
76 Posts

Clint
That is a really good question!

The current price of a 2016 SV SC 4x4 is $10k more then what I paid for mine used in March of 2019.
Used prices are friggin nuts right now!

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Consoles are the stupidest fad since vinyl roofs.

Ford's new F150 Lightning has a completely flat floor - doesn't need a hump for a transmission and driveshaft in the middle.

Q: So what did they do with all that extra space on the inside?

A: Put in a console.

No denying it is a great-looking truck.
It looks bloated, just like all the rest of the mid-sized trucks on the market (with the possible exception of the Ridgeline).

They all look like they're suffering from full-size envy - like they're desperately trying to be something they aren't.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Chiropractor pulled my wallet out of my back pocket when i was getting back adjustment and told me not to keep it there. Throws back out of alignment when sitting on wallet. I now carry wallet in front pocket or in my sock alongside my ankle.

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Frontier SV 4x2 Crewcab
65 Posts
It’s funny how much more comfortable the bench seat in my ‘87 Ranger is compared to my two Frontiers. 😏
Give me a bench seat and replace those monster consoles with a stick shift and I'm a happy camper! Throw every single touch screen in the garbage while you're at it!

Car Vehicle Plant Steering part Motor vehicle

·
Super Moderator
12,317 Posts
Give me a bench seat and replace those monster consoles with a stick shift and I'm a happy camper! Throw every single touch screen in the garbage while you're at it!

View attachment 353627
I like the console but if I could have a manual transmission I’d be thrilled and give it up in a heartbeat. I had one truck with a manual and bench seat with a single cab. Those were great trucks.

Clint

Reactions: FLRZ and athertonbt
1 - 20 of 41 Posts