Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I hadn't seen this mentioned before, but it turns out the screw that holds the dash panel in place is also useful for mounting a brake controller bracket. No drilling or screwing into the dash panel required.

Here's how I did mine...
Tekonsha 90195 P3 Brake Controller 2014 Frontier
I have notes on each step in the captions if you click the photo and then the "info" icon.

And this is the controller I ordered...
Amazon.com: Tekonsha 90195 P3 Trailer Brake Control For 13-16 Frontier Pathfinder Titan: Automotive

·
Registered
42 Posts
That is good to know. I've been think about buying a controller but wasn't sure where I'd mount it.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Received the same controller and cable from eCustomHitch through Amazon yesterday.

Going to install it later this afternoon. Thanks for the heads-up on the mounting location. Will probably mount it there and see if it will be a knee-knocker. If it is a problem, I can always move it without having drilled any holes.

·
Super Moderator
10,413 Posts
Nice job, thanks for sharing.

Clint

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
I'm definitely impressed with how tightly it fits with just one mounting screw.

I have no problem with knee-knocking either. Plenty of room to move around without bumping it.

I went ahead and ran the wire under the side of the center console to help keep it out of the foot well.

Getting some things done. Guess it's time to get a build thread going.

Thanks for the tip. It's a keeper.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Now I need to find my bracket. I saved it when I gutted my Titan. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Borrowing a friend's trailer this weekend, so I guess I will try this mounting location sooner than I thought. Ordered the same kit.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Bumping this "oldy but goody" to the top. This is quite possibility the most genius installation I've used on Club Frontier...I've used a lot of 'em too. (y)

·
Registered
240 Posts
My work van has the brake controller on the knee panel, I always hit it with my knees. This is where I mounted my Prodigy P2:

Out of the way, I can still put stuff underneath, and it works great. I eventually did use 2 screws along with mounting tape. The mounting tape, alone would keep failing every 6 months or so.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Slightly related question....does anybody know if the P2 and P3 use the same cable?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Reactions: mv213

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
My work van has the brake controller on the knee panel, I always hit it with my knees. This is where I mounted my Prodigy P2:

Out of the way, I can still put stuff underneath, and it works great. I eventually did use 2 screws along with mounting tape. The mounting tape, alone would keep failing every 6 months or so.

This is exactly how i did mine. The way the OP mounted it would drive me nuts.

I used some of the really good locking velcro since i don't use mine that often. Takes a bit of a push to get it locked it but it has never fallen while driving.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I mounted a Reese Brakeman IV in the same location, but offset since the adjustment buttons are on top and the center console panel to the rear forces a more vertical position if mounted to the right. After adjusting, it tips up easily if needed. No interference while driving.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts