Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't find a thread on these, so I'm starting one. Has anyone tried these HID projectors from Nisstec?

Nisstec HID Projector Headlights (05+ Xterra, Frontier '05- - Nisstec Lifts: Nissan Lift Kits: XTerra Lift Kits, Frontier Lift Kits, Titan Lift Kits, Nissan Truck Lift Kits

They're not the cheapest option but they are complete headlight housings. Just remove the current housings and bolt in the new ones. The headlight on my '08 are not very bright. I could use some better lights for night driving.

·
Registered
266 Posts
its a nice option instead of having to build your own.

I did not know these existed, when i decided to do my own retrofit. I purchased aftermarket oem style lights, an affordable universal retrofit kit from The Retrofit Source and had clear side markers made. I was into it probably about as much as they charge. But i got to select my own components and learn a new skill.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool! I was toying with the idea of building my own. Thinking about it, it didn't seem that hard. The hardest part would be fitting the projectors into my stock housings. I guess just cut and silicon in place?

Anyway, I think these are a relatively new offering from Nisstec. They were listed as a new product in an email I received from them late last month. (I bought my suspension kit from them and got signed up for their emails).

·
Registered
266 Posts
Cool! I was toying with the idea of building my own. Thinking about it, it didn't seem that hard. The hardest part would be fitting the projectors into my stock housings. I guess just cut and silicon in place?

Anyway, I think these are a relatively new offering from Nisstec. They were listed as a new product in an email I received from them late last month. (I bought my suspension kit from them and got signed up for their emails).
you will need to take the headlights apart, Remove lens from housing. They luckily are sealed with butyl so they are relatively easy to take apart. I made the mistake of not being able to bench test them before installation. I am going to pick up a power supply and change a few aspects of mine hopefully within the next month when i install my fog lights. Since i have to pull the bumper cover anyways to do that.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Researching doing a retrofit on my 2006, do I have to remove the chrome bumper to remove the headlamp assembly?

Sent from my LGUS991 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,150 Posts
Researching doing a retrofit on my 2006, do I have to remove the chrome bumper to remove the headlamp assembly?

Sent from my LGUS991 using Tapatalk
No. The FSM says to remove the valance (plastic bodypanel above bumper) But you may be able to do it just by removing the grill assembly. Have you downloaded a copy of the FSM?

·
Registered
460 Posts
I did my black headlight mod a few years back. No HIDs, just painted the housings black. Removal was difficult due to one do the four attachments on each headlight extending to a space that was below the plastic piece that separates the chrome bumper and the grille.

I tried to take shortcuts, but ultimately removed the bumper. Later I read another user's post describing how he/she cut off the one difficult attachment and just relied on the other three to keep everything affixed properly.

·
Registered
64 Posts
We offer both DIY kits and fully built headlights.

Kits are located here and come with some of the very best quality parts available: https://www.hidprojectors.com/collections/do-it-yourself
Fully built and customized lights are available here: https://www.hidprojectors.com/collections/frontier These arrive built and ready to install. This is our most popular style but we can work with you to include other options if you'd prefer something else. We frequently accommodate different paint schemes, clear or smoked reflectors, etc.

·
Registered
203 Posts

Kits are located here and come with some of the very best quality parts available: https://www.hidprojectors.com/collections/do-it-yourself
Fully built and customized lights are available here: https://www.hidprojectors.com/collections/frontier These arrive built and ready to install. This is our most popular style but we can work with you to include other options if you'd prefer something else. We frequently accommodate different paint schemes, clear or smoked reflectors, etc.
And great headlights they are!! Just got my s-pod switches to wire em up, pictures coming!

·
Registered
35 Posts

You guys have a note stating they're offroad use only? Am I misunderstanding, or are these headlights not street legal?

·
Registered
64 Posts
That would make sense.

I was trying to wrap my head around why I would buy a headlight that was off road use only.
We strive to be 100% honest and transparent. Any time you modify a headlight you're changing the optics and therefore voiding the stock compliance with FMVSS 108. We prefer to be upfront and honest, to help our customers make an informed decision.

The light output that our headlights product is attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
We strive to be 100% honest and transparent. Any time you modify a headlight you're changing the optics and therefore voiding the stock compliance with FMVSS 108. We prefer to be upfront and honest, to help our customers make an informed decision.

The light output that our headlights product is attached.
It wouldn't deter my purchase down the road at all. I like the idea of a brighter headlight. And honestly, I don't think an officer would be wise enough to spot the difference. :huh:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts