Nissan Frontier Forum banner
81 - 100 of 136 Posts
I know its easy to get lost in the sauce of issues and people will cry out and say "WE NEED TO BE NICE TO THESE BUSINESSES AND LIFT THEM UP NOT PUT THEM DOWN"

no. fuck that. you steal my money i hate you. this is awesome.

if i as an individual took money from someone and 8 months in still hadnt done what i promised, i hope someone drags me all over the internet loloolololololooolol

I've had 2nd thoughts. Think i'm just being impatient after 8 months of waiting. I'm sure these guys are as honest as they come and i'm just being irrational. And so what i caught one of them on the phone and he promissed me my $2500 back and it never happened. I'm just being too tough on them. Great Group of Guys down there at Nisstec. I'm sure one of these days that lift that does't exist will show up.

Tell ya what, I'll just IDENTIFY as having a 4'' Nisstec Lift and I'll Magically Have one on my Truck.
I'd never think for a second the owner must have a drug problem or some gambling debts or something especially with the quality and value this guy or group of guys adds to their customer base. Just no way

Here's My Receipt for $2300

View attachment 371382
View attachment 371383
While I understand YOU may want to take the high ground and give people a break, but at times (specifically this instance) YOU need to take action and light a fire under these yoyos. Whether civil or criminal, YOU need to take action as no one will do it for you. Sorry to be blunt with you, but you need to take your head out of the sand my friend! These guys screwed you, and apparently others. The company is obviously garbage and you basically lost two grand. Hope this lesson teaches you something for future purchases like this, how not to ignore those red flags, ask questions, and stay on top of your order. Hope you recover some of your funds, but I have a feeling you will not be getting any of it back. Good luck.

While I understand YOU may want to take the high ground and give people a break, but at times (specifically this instance) YOU need to take action and light a fire under these yoyos. Whether civil or criminal, YOU need to take action as no one will do it for you. Sorry to be blunt with you, but you need to take your head out of the sand my friend! These guys screwed you, and apparently others. The company is obviously garbage and you basically lost two grand. Hope this lesson teaches you something for future purchases like this, how not to ignore those red flags, ask questions, and stay on top of your order. Hope you recover some of your funds, but I have a feeling you will not be getting any of it back. Good luck.
i saw in another thread back in january you said they were another shrockworks

i wonder if that other guy ever got his $3k worth of stuff

i saw in another thread back in january you said they were another shrockworks

i wonder if that other guy ever got his $3k worth of stuff
Never followed up with that, and honestly, don't really care. Companies come and go. These fabricating outfits do small 'one-of-a-kind' batches and I get they are hand made and take time, but you as the consumer need to follow up with these guys. I have NEVER paid the full amount on any custom job in my life. I always arrange payments along the way based on the project's completion and/or shipment. And I certainly do not wait more than a few months so I can have some recourse if the company decides to bail half way into a project. I'm not saying I never got screwed out of money, but I learned really quick. Would rather wait until a solid production rate is made by the company before putting down money. But that's me. YMMV

If a company is worth their salt, they would only require 1/4-1/2 deposit (to cover materials) and balance upon completion/shipping. Otherwise, stay away.

Lots of folks make great products and or have lots of ability but make not great business persons. if they aren't smart enough to hand off certain business duties at some point the tide goes out and you see who's wearing swim trunks and who's skinny dipping. I think this post pandemic world is showing quite a few who were swimming without shorts on.

Never followed up with that, and honestly, don't really care. Companies come and go. These fabricating outfits do small 'one-of-a-kind' batches and I get they are hand made and take time, but you as the consumer need to follow up with these guys. I have NEVER paid the full amount on any custom job in my life. I always arrange payments along the way based on the project's completion and/or shipment. And I certainly do not wait more than a few months so I can have some recourse if the company decides to bail half way into a project. I'm not saying I never got screwed out of money, but I learned really quick. Would rather wait until a solid production rate is made by the company before putting down money. But that's me. YMMV

If a company is worth their salt, they would only require 1/4-1/2 deposit (to cover materials) and balance upon completion/shipping. Otherwise, stay away.
mine isnt nearly as much as what other people have lost but they did confirm delivery date with me a couple times

also i know very little about the community but i would have hoped a recommended company (one of the few available i suppose) would have been operating at a slightly higher level than a kickstarter that could take your money and bail at any moment

I'll echo the same experiences as others in the thread, ordered in Sept 22, only just recently got my money back.

Unlike some others who couldn't get in touch, somehow I was always able to get a response via email about my order. Typical excuses like "almost here", "just a few more weeks", "supply chain" etc. Funnily enough, these emails back and forth are the only reason I was able to get my money back. My original dispute with my bank was denied, as it had been longer than 90 days. After calling and talking with them, they told me I was SOL since it had been longer than 90 days, and my only recourse would be small claims court. Once I mentioned that I had emails back and forth with them asking for "just a little more time", my bank had me CC them copies of those emails and I had my money back that afternoon.

Such a shame to see what I understand was a well regarded company in the past do a 180. Not sure what it is about shops that sell offroad parts, but I've had more bad experiences than good with them lately. HeftyFab sending out of spec parts (they at least owned up to it and send in spec parts), Nisstec going dark, and I doubt I'll see my P&P rock sliders I ordered in Sept. anytime this year, if at all.

At least we have Z1 and ADO that have both been pleasurable to work with in my experiences to balance it out :)

Attachments

I've Edit That Post To Warn People of the Sarcasm they're about to read.

Couldn't agree with you more!!! I think you misunderstood my post totally. I was being sacrastic. I mean, Very Sarcastic. Go back a read that again now knowing it was sarcasm and you'll get it. I guess online people just have no clue what my real personality is like so sarcasm just wont work in text. I thought i made so over the top sarcastic that readers would see that.

I'll say what i've been saying the whole time. Screw those guys, They're Criminals and Need Charges Pressed on Them whether or not i ever see my money again.

CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT would be in order. THere's plenty of us here, other forums, and on FB to get that done. I'd like to know how much they stole because it wasn't just that 1 lift they were lying about. I've seen people complaining about getting ripped off an simple orders like a pair of shocks or some coil overs.

I'll echo the same experiences as others in the thread, ordered in Sept 22, only just recently got my money back.

Unlike some others who couldn't get in touch, somehow I was always able to get a response via email about my order. Typical excuses like "almost here", "just a few more weeks", "supply chain" etc. Funnily enough, these emails back and forth are the only reason I was able to get my money back. My original dispute with my bank was denied, as it had been longer than 90 days. After calling and talking with them, they told me I was SOL since it had been longer than 90 days, and my only recourse would be small claims court. Once I mentioned that I had emails back and forth with them asking for "just a little more time", my bank had me CC them copies of those emails and I had my money back that afternoon.

Such a shame to see what I understand was a well regarded company in the past do a 180. Not sure what it is about shops that sell offroad parts, but I've had more bad experiences than good with them lately. HeftyFab sending out of spec parts (they at least owned up to it and send in spec parts), Nisstec going dark, and I doubt I'll see my P&P rock sliders I ordered in Sept. anytime this year, if at all.

At least we have Z1 and ADO that have both been pleasurable to work with in my experiences to balance it out :)
Heres where you can file a complaint with the Colorado Attorney General: File a Complaint - Colorado Attorney General

Don't care about the money, I want charges pressed and i'm good. I doubt very seriously any money will ever be recovered but seeing someone catch a Felony or 2 or 3 or 4 would be absolutely amazing.

The more people file that complaint the more that attorney generals office will be inclined to look.

Reactions: GreyFox
Just contacted a Class Action Lawyer here in town. Spoke with someone briefly about the situation; countless people getting ripped off for thousands, etc.... and said they would call me back on Tuesday since Memorial Day Weekend all those lawyers are out of the office understandably.

I Will Be Pressing the Issue. I don't care about the money anymore. I want Cases Put on the people at Nisstec that are responsible for this. They just cant be allowed to get away with it. They can hide behind their LLC on this one. Pretty sure it doesn't shield blatant criminal behavior like theft oh who knows of how many 100's of Thousands of dollars they ripped off.

Probably no money there tho so class action may no be very fruitful

You can file a Complaint with the Colorado State Attorney here: File a Complaint - Colorado Attorney General
Make sure you have your receipt which is emailed to anyone who's bought from Nisstec.

Attachments

I've Edit That Post To Warn People of the Sarcasm they're about to read.

Couldn't agree with you more!!! I think you misunderstood my post totally. I was being sacrastic. I mean, Very Sarcastic. Go back a read that again now knowing it was sarcasm and you'll get it. I guess online people just have no clue what my real personality is like so sarcasm just wont work in text. I thought i made so over the top sarcastic that readers would see that.

I'll say what i've been saying the whole time. Screw those guys, They're Criminals and Need Charges Pressed on Them whether or not i ever see my money again.

CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT would be in order. THere's plenty of us here, other forums, and on FB to get that done. I'd like to know how much they stole because it wasn't just that 1 lift they were lying about. I've seen people complaining about getting ripped off an simple orders like a pair of shocks or some coil overs.
View attachment 371426
:ROFLMAO:
No prob on the sarcasm (y) Glad you are going after this company and owner. This is definitely felony theft, and should be handled accordingly. Play stupid games...get stupid prizes! Keep us posted with your efforts. I'm sure others will chime in here and may even IM you for more info for about class action/criminal charges. Glad someone is taking the bull by the horn. Good luck (y)

Yeah man,i just want the law to put a microscope up his anus and have a look. Soon as the Law starts paying attention to him i'll be satisfied. I'll do what i can. I filed complaint with Colorado and see what else can be done. If nobody cares enough to join in then it'll die.

Look Here at his paperwork he's supposed to fill out for the state every year. It goes way back to 2011 but half way through 2022 he became delinquent. He knew he was going out of business and didn't care. Just took all he could and closed the doors. Guy must be having some serious money problems.

You can file a Complaint with the Colorado State Attorney here: File a Complaint - Colorado Attorney General
Make sure you have your receipt which is emailed to anyone who's bought from Nisstec.

Just contacted a Class Action Lawyer here in town. Spoke with someone briefly about the situation; countless people getting ripped off for thousands, etc.... and said they would call me back on Tuesday since Memorial Day Weekend all those lawyers are out of the office understandably.

I Will Be Pressing the Issue. I don't care about the money anymore. I want Cases Put on the people at Nisstec that are responsible for this. They just cant be allowed to get away with it. They can hide behind their LLC on this one. Pretty sure it doesn't shield blatant criminal behavior like theft oh who knows of how many 100's of Thousands of dollars they ripped off.

Probably no money there tho so class action may no be very fruitful

Hope you have 50 or 60k floating around to start a class action

As for Colo. AG office, they’ll do nothing either.

If you don’t care about the money, then why contact a class action lawyer? From what I’ve read, there about 100 people affected, sucks, horrible, so we’re talking $30,000 to $35,000 settlement. After the lawyers take their 33% to 50% you get what, $1,000 back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still drunk or now drunk, unimportant detail..... :ROFLMAO:
@AndysLog reply: "Yes." :LOL:

Amen - although I wouldn't call Nisstec one of those "one-run" fab shops. As far as I knew when I first bought my Frontier, Nisstec was around for a long time and served the Frontier community really good back then... but alas, went to **** just like PRG - actually worse, from all this added info that has come to our attention recently.

Lots of folks make great products and or have lots of ability but make not great business persons.
cough PRG cough

Just contacted a Class Action Lawyer here in town. S
That's what I'm talking about man!

Keep us updated, and good luck.

Amen - although I wouldn't call Nisstec one of those "one-run" fab shops. As far as I knew when I first bought my Frontier, Nisstec was around for a long time and served the Frontier community really good back then... but alas, went to **** just like PRG - actually worse, from all this added info that has come to our attention recently.
I just generalized in my statement. If it wasn't for guys taking risks and making a name for themselves, stuff wouldn't get done. I'm all for supporting little guy and getting them going. Nisstec obviously made a good name for themselves over the years...and now made 'another' name for themselves of late :rolleyes: It's a shame and sucks for those who got the short end of the deal.

81 - 100 of 136 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.