Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the difference between the two kits, besides the Nisstec is one long spring and the Deaver is two short springs? Its about a $60-70 difference. I dont tow or haul anything. I pulled a trailer for the first time a week ago after having the truck almost a year. Most drive on the road, some light off roading, like very light. ahha

I'm trying to get 4" lift in the rear. 2" shackle and 2" AAL. Trying to save money where I can but don't want to cheap out.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had the Nisstec one on my truck for two years now. I saw no lack of quality before or during install and would buy the same one again. No experience with the Deaver.
Sweet thanks for the quick reply. Just got mine ordered. Slowly piecing together this lift. After asking and researching, I have it narrowed down to what I want.

·
Premium Member
6,674 Posts
Late to the party... but I had the Nisstec single on first, then the PRG/Deaver two-leaf on afterward, and IMO the PRG/Deaver is a lot more comfortable on the road.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Late to the party... but I had the Nisstec single on first, then the PRG/Deaver two-leaf on afterward, and IMO the PRG/Deaver is a lot more comfortable on the road.
question for you! I have the Single PRG AAL and just got a 1 inch block to go along because i could not get a hold of greg(an nisstec only sells single ). How much lift did the dual AAL get you in the rear? Anywhere else i can get them?

·
Premium Member
6,674 Posts
question for you! I have the Single PRG AAL and just got a 1 inch block to go along because i could not get a hold of greg(an nested only sells single ). How much lift did the dual AAL get you in the rear? Anywhere else i can get them?
How ya doin' bud!

The current setup (PRG/Deaver 2-leaf AAL) gave me 2.5" flat... from this post:

As for the ride height, it was slightly more than I expected: My stock rear fender height was 35.23", but after the install it now sat at 38.25" - or 3.02" of lift. I did recheck this measurement 2 weeks after the install (and after hauling some furniture for a friend on weekend) and afterward the fender was still at 38.25". After subtracting 0.52" (the difference between stock 265/70's and my BFG KO2 265/75's) the actual suspension-only lift is exactly 2.5". This is still half an inch higher than the AAL specs, but hey - I'm okay with that; the added lift just meant I would go a little higher up front.
Luckily I read your question while I was home for lunch, so I took a rear fender measurement real quick on my way back and it's still at about 38.2". Considering I've had the AAL on since the beginning of this year, I'm pretty sure they settled in by now
::smile::

As for buying them somewhere else besides PRG, couldn't tell you an alternative for the 2-leaf version... I only found the 2-leaf version (which I specifically wanted after trying the 1-leaf Nisstec one) at PRG also. 4x4parts has a 3-leaf (for a 3" lift they say) but I've never tried it/seen it on someone else's truck.

EDIT: Keep in mind, I also have 2.5-degree shims installed, so at least a fraction of the lift I got comes from the shims too.

·
Registered
663 Posts
How ya doin' bud!

The current setup (PRG/Deaver 2-leaf AAL) gave me 2.5" flat... from this post:

Luckily I read your question while I was home for lunch, so I took a rear fender measurement real quick on my way back and it's still at about 38.2". Considering I've had the AAL on since the beginning of this year, I'm pretty sure they settled in by now
::smile::

As for buying them somewhere else besides PRG, couldn't tell you an alternative for the 2-leaf version... I only found the 2-leaf version (which I specifically wanted after trying the 1-leaf Nisstec one) at PRG also. 4x4parts has a 3-leaf (for a 3" lift they say) but I've never tried it/seen it on someone else's truck.

EDIT: Keep in mind, I also have 2.5-degree shims installed, so at least a fraction of the lift I got comes from the shims too.
Im doing good, hope the same goes for you. Starting to tweak the truck again. I would much rather have gone with the 2AAL from PRG but could not find anyone else who sold them. Now i need to decided if i need shims or not.

·
Premium Member
6,674 Posts
Im doing good, hope the same goes for you. Starting to tweak the truck again. I would much rather have gone with the 2AAL from PRG but could not find anyone else who sold them. Now i need to decided if i need shims or not.
I understood the point of the shims (lifted truck means higher driveshaft angle, shims reduce the angle) but I really can't say if it made any difference at all considering I've always had the shims on ever since the lift. I figure it was cheap enough to install since I had to take the whole thing apart to install the AAL.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts