Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nissan has my truck after it died on me after running perfect all day long 3 weeks ago. Symptom: SES light came on, started flashing, started to stumble and it stalled. Never started again, just turned over.
Wasn't driven hard, wasn't taken off-road yet, etc...

Fuel pump is perfect, along with everything else mechanically.

Nissan changed my front wire-flume last week, main wire harness that runs to most components in the truck from the engine computer. New computer, I'm unsure if they changed the IPDM; i installed one myself before I brought it to nissan, I should tell them to put another new one in just in case as it is under warranty. After nissan installed a new wire-flume...and all new ignition coils...
the truck seemed to run perfect when I first jumped in it at the dealership. I drove it down the block to put some fuel in so I could drive 112 miles home. LOTS of power, I was happy. While sitting and idling in the parking lot, I could feel vibration as soon as I put it in drive. I checked vital fluids and hit the road, I noticed it was shifting real hard after getting past 2nd gear or reengaging to 2nd gear from 3rd or 4th at WOT, ... I figured maybe it's calibrating or something as it has a new computer... I drove it as easiest as possible, 10% throttle. Once I got into the canyon to go over the mountain back to my home town, while starting to get into minor steeper grades up hill I had to give more throttle..... while doing that I lost power and my RPM climbed like I was suddenly in neutral, I let off the gas and it would re-engage but not enough power... so I manually shifted the automatic selector to a lower gear and I had full power, no slips, so obviously the transmission was in limp mode... I turned off O/d and manually shifted and hoped for it to go out of limp mode... the SES light came on shortly after, started flashing... I pulled over immediately off the highway and shut the truck off, I had a feeling the same thing was going to happen again..

I started the truck, no SES... felt like it was stumbling, running on 5 cy or somthing, Turned around and drove it back to provo, ut(nissan dealership)... Once I got up to about 50 mph(still forced to shift manually), the SES started flashing again. Left it at the dealership and dropped my keys in the box... they suggest that they changed the wrong wire-flume/harness and will need to change the ignition harness now but will not charge me... bah. I hope that is what it is, makes no sense. Obviously they screwed up something with my transmission communication when they changed the first harness cause the trans is not communicating with the truck at all.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Man, I don't know. But I'll bump ya so maybe someone can think of something.

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
relay module (sadly, you cant just change the one relay).

my truck was doing similar crap, stumbling, I'd put it in gear and it would die as soon as I started to let out the clutch...would run fine for a while then act up again...(well, when it was dying when I let out the clutch, I just called a tow truck and had it hauled to the dealer).

is the SES light kinda flickering? (mine was)

dealer said the only reason they nailed it so fast is they had seen something similar on a couple titans last year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts