Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone :hi:,
Names Vern. I'm from the central ohio area. I'm a master nissan tech as well as my dealers GTR tech.:p. I just bought a White 2010 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4x4 SE 4.0L w/the SE package (power, hitch, etc...). The truck is used for hauling my 09 yamaha wr250f and the kid.

Goals for truck:
More power... (300-350whp)
Wheels and tires
Lift (nothing crazy 4 inches or so)

Thanks for looking!!!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Welcome to the club! Always good to find out a tech bought a truck hehe. Good news!

·
Super Moderator
12,703 Posts
Hi Vern welcome aboard Clubfrontier.org.
Always good to have another Tech to bounce questions off for sure.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Welcome Vern:

I am new here also. But I love the fact that we have Nissan Techs on the board.
Looking forward to your input.

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
welcome to the party, i'm the forum GTR nutswinger :laugh:

·
Premium Member
3,550 Posts
Welcome to CF.
I have an oil leak out the left front side of the engine that nobody has been able to fix for the last 58000 miles. Now I am told just because it has been worked on 4 times, doesn't mean Nissan will cover it again. Ever seen one do that? I have heard of no others.

The lower 1/2 of the left side of the motor, motor mount, and front diff is covered in oil. You can smell it often and sometimes even from inside while stopped at a light.

Sorry for the long welcome to CF post.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
welcome and Mdawg, have you cleaned everything off to see where its coming from. Mine is leaking from the left VVT cover. (the covers I painted red on the front when I assembled the engine)The f**KN Ahole that built the engine is gonna fix it tommorrow:laugh:(Im picking up a new belt too since my blower psi is back to 7 from 10psi,and its slipping on higher boost)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome to CF.
I have an oil leak out the left front side of the engine that nobody has been able to fix for the last 58000 miles. Now I am told just because it has been worked on 4 times, doesn't mean Nissan will cover it again. Ever seen one do that? I have heard of no others.

The lower 1/2 of the left side of the motor, motor mount, and front diff is covered in oil. You can smell it often and sometimes even from inside while stopped at a light.

Sorry for the long welcome to CF post.
I have not seen many concerns related to engine oil leaks from the frt. of the engine that were not customer/tech. made.... (if that makes sense).
What engine do you have?
Has there been oil dye added to engine oil

Send me a pm and I would be more than happy to help you!!!!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I will be starting a build journal so stay tune...

·
Super Moderator
11,070 Posts
Welcome! Nice to have a tech on these pages.

I have one question. On my 2010 SE I want to install the Gentex dimming mirror. Is there a plug in the headliner? Is the harness the same as the LE's?

Clint

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
I have to say, it is always nice to see another tech on the site. I think we now have a handfull of Nissan ones and then some others (Lexus, Jag, etc...)

I have to ask thou, how do you expect to get 300-350whp from your truck? Supercharger or turbo or just a complete motor swap?

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Welcome and enjoy.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome! Nice to have a tech on these pages.

I have one question. On my 2010 SE I want to install the Gentex dimming mirror. Is there a plug in the headliner? Is the harness the same as the LE's?

Clint
I will find out monday!

I'm not sure on how I will go about 300-350whp...
what do these 4.0L put out stock? 225whp?

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
more like 215 iirc. you would need every bolt on you can get, cams and a good tune. you may need pistons to get that much out of it

·
Registered
492 Posts
On the oil leak problem. My 97 HB had a oil leak when it was new. They put the dye in the oil and I went back in a week or so and they found the oil send unit was the problem.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I will need your guys help making 300-350whp. I'm going to put 1500 miles on the truck and change the oil. then I will go to the dyno and see what she puts down stock. I dont want to use boost if I dont have to but its not out of the question.

·
Registered
106 Posts
welcome to the club. im excited to see your build thread. whats the name of your build thread goin to be?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Hello everyone :hi:,
Names Vern. I'm from the central ohio area. I'm a master nissan tech as well as my dealers GTR tech.:p. I just bought a White 2010 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4x4 SE 4.0L w/the SE package (power, hitch, etc...). The truck is used for hauling my 09 yamaha wr250f and the kid.

Goals for truck:
More power... (300-350whp)
Wheels and tires
Lift (nothing crazy 4 inches or so)

Thanks for looking!!!

Vern, Welcomee to the club!! As everyone said nice to have a tech. Where about in Ohio are you? I might use your dealership, as I am in northern KY. Enjoy your new truck, look forward to the build:)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts