Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Nissan takes it like a champ...

6K views 36 replies 26 participants last post by  R00 
#1 ·
See less See more
#5 ·
Sorry to see that but good to see it protected you well.
Do you plan to buy another Frontier?

Clint

#9 ·
I am glad to see that you had this recorded and that you were safe and sound. I am also glad that Nissan has protected you with their Frontier. Lettuce know where you plan on going from here.

#12 ·
Sheeit. Glad everyone walked away from it. I also think you've convinced me to buy a dash cam. Even if I never have to use it to fight the insurance monopoly here, at least I'll have cool trail footage.

#14 ·
Not that it would have saved the truck, but the frame is bent rite where the slider attached. My 06 took a similar hit about 6 weeks ago. Albeit the other car was going about 30, so I sustained less damage. My truck is lifted and the PT Cruisers bumper went under my running board. No frame damage what so ever!

I'm glad your OK and the truck can be replaced.

#17 ·
This was a 50+ mph hit by an 8k pound Tahoe. He never braked (unedited footage has sound)

If that slider hadn't been there I would likely be hospitalized if not dead. It absorbed a ton of impact force 3 inches before the Tahoe hit my door.

White Knuckle has a lifetime customer here. They've been forwarded the pics too, hope it pulls some business in for them.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

#21 ·
There were no major injuries to any party. The driver of the Tahoe admitted fault at the scene (with no knowledge of my cam) and was extremely sorrowful. I did my best to make him feel better and turn it into an educational moment, even though I was twisted with anger at the time.

#26 ·
Driver claimed to have fallen asleep. I suspect cell phone usage, but am not looking to hang someone.

Copper was with me, and the sound he made when it happened will haunt me more than the GMC logo rushing at me 50+ mph. The unedited video has sound, and it is heartbreaking. He screamed in terror. Not because he was hurt, because A) he wasn't and B) I know his terrified voice (if you have a dog, you get it)

Near as I can figure, since he came back in thru the sliding rear window (open at time of wreck) that he either got knocked into the bed or jumped out sometime during my 270° teacup ride.

The sliders are DOM. Spring for it, you'll be glad you did.

#27 ·
This was another justification I used when I bought my sliders, seems as though I was correct. Glad you made it through OK! Now you get to play head games at the dealership, YAY!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.