Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my nissan rattles at high rpm's and sounds like a pre-ignition ping.. it is a 4.0 v-6 2005 model crew cab :evil: anyone have ideas of what it could be. this truck has under 1000 miles.

·
Registered
62 Posts
bassholio said:
my nissan rattles at high rpm's and sounds like a pre-ignition ping.. it is a 4.0 v-6 2005 model crew cab :evil: anyone have ideas of what it could be. this truck has under 1000 miles.

you could actually be Pinging.

1st thought is.... high rpms... (you do have a break in period on all engines..maybe baby it at little longer before getting into the higher rpms.)

2nd thought is maybe you are lucky and you might just try running a little higher octane fuel?

just a thought.

·
Registered
129 Posts
bassholio said:
Take it back to the dealer. That's the first time Ive heard that complaint from anyone, so it's not common to the model. If you hear a rattle at high RPM, then it's not pre-ignition; that happens generally when you're lugging the engine. This engine has prett sensitive knock sensors to retard timing that it can sense long before you can hear it. Absoultely no need to run anything other than 87-octane in this engine--that's what it is tuned for, and it runs quite well on it.

·
Registered
492 Posts
It might be the Intake Collector rattle. Had mine replaced under the TSB.

Look here:http://www.nissanhelp.com/Ownership/Bulletins/Nissan/2005/NTB05-015.htm[/url]

·
Registered
8 Posts
Rattles

Mine may be doing the same thing. My 05 CC AT, sounds like valve float between shifts, whether it is warm or cold. Especially when it is drive rather sedatly( babied). My truck has had all kinds of problems including all rattles and exhaust leaks to include replacement of the exhaust. The dealer says that I'm hearing things and have stopped working on my truck pending NISSAN review which has been a nightmare. Any help would be great. Other than that I like the truck for it's power.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
My '01 always tryin' to be a bit of a garage queen. Too bad the old Mit's sittin' in there. I just throw a pile of money at her every spring and she'll behave, pretty much, for another year.

OP: as Johnson stated, I'd keep the revs down for a while longer. If you've got a stick you might be hearing the tob rattling a bit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
it is an AT, and shifts are at about 2000-2500. According to a tech bull. it couls be the air inlet valve before the throttle body. The nissan distrit rep is supposed to look at it on Veterans day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts