Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Who makes the connector that Nissan uses for the OEM horn in the 2006 Frontier?

I want to make my own extender so that I can relocate the horn.

In the absence of that I'll just splice it, but fabbing a real connector is an attractive option for me.

Anybody got info on the connector shown in this picture?

I've tried a lot of the usual suspects (Molex, Jameco, All Electronics, Electronics Goldmine, etc.) but am coming up empty-handed.

Anybody know anything? Yes... I'm aware that my hands need lotion. :p

Part number? Name? Manufacturer? Description? Anything!!!

Thanks.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay... how about this...

Anybody got a part number for the "Engine Room Harness". 2006 Frontier LE 4x4 CC

The horn hangs off this at E3 & E162

·
Registered
260 Posts
I wonder if Nissan used this same connector in older vehicles? If you have a pull-a-part type junk yard nearby that might be the way to go. I know Niles made a lot of the electrical components on the older Nissans and Infiniti but I don't know if that's still the case or not.

This sure looks like it, but I have no idea how you would go about ordering it - especially in units of less than 100! http://okaymotor.en.alibaba.com/product/202828176-200098080/Connector_DJ7025_T2_2_21.html

Heath

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow! I don't know how you came up with that, but it absolutely looks like the right part!

I solved the issue, yesterday, with a simple splice job, so my need is met.

Thanks, though. :)

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I'm curious to where you relocated it to, as I installed a Volant CAI and its in my back storage bin hanging out hehe. I know a few zip tied it to the frame.

Any pics or info. on where you put your horn?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Yup, I installed a Volant CAI.

Here's the new home for the horn.

I bought a straight 6" bracket and a 4" bracket from Home Depot, plus new screws (1/4" coarse thread) and rubber washers for the top of the intake (the Volant screws were too short with my new bracket).

It's surprisingly stable (though not pretty), although I wonder if the vibrations will eventually put strain on the threads in the Volant.

I also added simple male/female electronic connectors at the horn and at the wires' ends (of course) to make it easy to remove or swap out at any time.

I'm gonna spray paint the brackets to a milder color, soon. And I'll also probably weld them together, at some point.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Edit: I found a connector on Amazon, here is the link for future reference:

Did these work? Did you locate the 'male' counterpart that plugs into the Nissan harness? I would like to simply plug my stock horns and make a new jumper to a set go hellas.

Thanks,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts