Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen several threads with pics scattered in them, but I think a dedicated thread with your pics would be more informative and helpful. Contain your posts to keypad placement or questions. If you find a good deal on them or whatever start a new thread.

I put mine in the utilitrack rail. It seemed to fit near perfect. The sticky tape doesn't stick to aluminum very well, so I might fab up a bracket that works with the bolt to its left. I had to take it out to slide it in.

I don't trust sticky tape, so putting it on the door worried me. The fuel door has moved closer to the wheel well on my model, so the door itself has some weird angles, leaving no good place for it to stick.

I hope to get back into riding my road bike once the time changes. My fat a$$ needs to drop some weight. This seemed like a great idea to be able to lock all my stuff up and not worry about carrying my keys with me. My seat bag only has enough room for a tube, Co2, and some tire tools. I suppose I could just throw a spare key in there too, but I like this idea better.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I had to add some bulk behind it b/c it's a crew cab gas door.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Mine is a KC and it fits nicely on the inside of the fuel door.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
bad pic for seeing mine, but the only one i have. It's right above the driver's door handle where most factory keypads go.

·
Registered
198 Posts
i put mine in the fuel lid door on my short bed crew cab, didnt need stuffing, just took apart the plastic housing, and it fit very snugly

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Sticky taped next to the shifter!

j/k.. fuel door for me too.. Hardly use it cuz of my Sec. system.

add/edit: Just checked eBay.. that keypad seller is pretty much blacklisted now.

·
Registered
171 Posts
i put mine on the front of the bed on the drivers side. hard to see its there. nice thing is, with truck running you can lock the doors with the key pad, while still inside house/work to let the truck warm up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts