Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had the Superchips Cortex (which was great!), but sold it b/c my wife was going to be driving the Pathfinder. Since then, she's moved over into a new minivan and I got my SUV back. :fantastic: Anyway, having read that there's not a huge difference (in performance) between the Superchips Cortex and the Bully Dog Triple Dog GT, I decided to purchase the BD. Not satisfied with the windshield mount that came with it, I hacked it and mated it with the Garmin Nuvi docking station which I picked up used from a local seller. Since HDMI cables aren't that flexible at the ends, I ended up ordering a swivel HDMI cable (Amazon.com: Sony DLCHD10H Horizontal Swivel High Speed HDMI Cables (1 meter): Electronics) from Amazon to connect to the OBDII adapter plug. Here's a picture of how the BD looks in the docking station...

·
Registered
693 Posts
Thats a sick idea! I dont like stuff hangin off my windshield either! Great job man!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
can you close the dock and everything to conceal the display like you could if it was just a garmin in there cause that would be super sweet cause my blend mount wont sick to my windshield anymore

·
Registered
524 Posts
how is it hold in place ????

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
can you close the dock and everything to conceal the display like you could if it was just a garmin in there cause that would be super sweet cause my blend mount wont sick to my windshield anymore
Yes, though it's a little tight because HDMI cables aren't that flexible at the ends (the pivoting HDMI cable helps, but it's still a little bulky). I'll take a video this weekend...

how is it hold in place ????
I hacked up the window mount that came with the BD unit and superglued it to the garmin mount... pictures to come.

Very cool.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Yes, though it's a little tight because HDMI cables aren't that flexible at the ends (the pivoting HDMI cable helps, but it's still a little bulky). I'll take a video this weekend...
I hacked up the window mount that came with the BD unit and superglued it to the garmin mount... pictures to come.
thanks, my suction cup on my window mount has crapped out i guess so this is a very nice looking option that i'd love to do if i can find a gps dock for cheap, brand new $100 isn't worth having this set up but if i find one for cheaper i'll be all over this.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Okay, it opens a lot more smoothly than I thought it would! Here are some videos:

This just shows the modified mount...

Open and close action...

I took some pictures as well and will post them later.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Okay, it opens a lot more smoothly than I thought it would! Here are some videos:

This just shows the modified mount...

Open and close action...

THAT IS SUPRT NICE :goodjob:

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
dude i love this set up more and more lol it looks soo nice and clean. i need to work on finding one of these docks asap

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1 - 13 of 13 Posts