Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day to everyone. I just purchased the above frontier and am very happy with it. However, I notice I may be 'losing' coolant, went online and scared the life out of me. If the radiator is leaking, will an external cooler work to repair this? I am taking it to a dealer on Tuesday and would like help on what I should expect? Please help. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
How many miles on the truck? Have you checked under the radiator cap for the "strawberry milkshake of death?" It will literally look like pink goop. How's the truck driving? Noticing any violent vibrations like "rumble strips" on the side of the highway under normal driving conditions?

If you think you have a problem, you may be able to save the transmission by doing a flush and doing the bypass.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Good day

Sent from my iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
7 Posts
Also got a used frontier a few weeks ago... my coolant was 1/2 gallon low. The overflow tank showed normal levels. The heat wouldn?t work when at idle. It was determined that due to the position of the heater core there was air trapped in the system that showed the level was higher than it was. Overfilled the tank a few inches and ran it. Heat now works and tank is down to the max level.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you open the radiator cap when it?s cold don?t be surprised if the coolant isn?t all the way to the top. There are other discussions on the forum about this

1 - 5 of 5 Posts