Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a 2015 SV King cab and I have been trying to get a roof rack for it. I am looking for a Prinsu, Front runner of Rhino style low profile platform rack.

I know Prinsu makes an access cab rack for the Toyota Tacoma. I was wondering how far off the dimensions are between the cabs of a Tacoma and Frontier. I have attempted to contact all the companies however I have not received any emails or phone calls back. Thanks for the help.
-Erik

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
IIRC, there is someone who fitted a Prinsu on a Kingcab, it's not a direct fit and needed some tweaking, in all honesty, you're probably better off building your own based on the Prinsu design.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
Sadly, despite a decent aftermarket for the Frontier, we're still the bastard child. Rhino Rack was supposed to design something for us, they have a huge office here in Denver, I even offered them my Frontier as a design mule, instead they screwed us and started to design for the Colorado, Ram and F series.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just in case if people are wondering, I contacted front runner and they are helping me with a generic fitting rack. I will post a picture if anyone is curious.

·
Registered
785 Posts

OP. I have a king cab and was thinking about one of these if these fit. There is also another store in MO that has a wide selection of roof rack. The site is call etrailer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I installed the rack. It looks nice. It’s a little small. I had to drill holes through the maxtrax in order to get them to fit.

·
Registered
785 Posts
ah OK, I got it, Thank You. Another member here glued his aftermarket OEM style roof rack to his crew cab. I am looking at some of those on Carid that I posted above mainly for the looks or hauling stuff. I used my truck for everything and it has been great so far.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
re glued his aftermarket OEM style roof rack to his crew cab. I am looking at some of those on Carid that I posted above mainly for the looks or hauling stuff. I used my truck for everything and it has been great so far.
This rack is super strong. I am able to climb on top of it with no problems. I saw the glued rack. I thought that was interesting. I am just not a fan of how those OEM racks look.

·
Registered
785 Posts
there is an old post here where a member tried the OEM replica on the King Cab and it looks OK, I like this one. Hopefully, later this summer I will install one of these. What area is this where the pictures are taken. It is beautiful.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
It’s not letting me see the new pic, I can’t tell what it looks like from the previous pics.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
there is an old post here where a member tried the OEM replica on the King Cab and it looks OK, I like this one. Hopefully, later this summer I will install one of these. What area is this where the pictures are taken. It is beautiful.
The picture is in the PNW in the North bend area.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts