Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, after my old post asking you guys which radiator I should go with, I made my decision and went with a CSF all metal “performance” radiator. It was 350 bucks but I can definitely say it was worth it, the truck seems to cool a lot faster, and the metal of the top tank is ice cold even after an hour of driving, probably because metal will conduct and cool better with cold air hitting it a lot better than plastic is my best guess, but I can definitely say in the long run it will be worth it.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Very nice you picked a good one of course I will say that as I put in the same one an just think of it this way at least it sure is shiny lol. Na but 1 should never need to replaced again if maintenance is kept up I did mine almost 4yrs ago still going without a hitch

Reactions: jayfects

·
Super Moderator
10,585 Posts
The old saying still rings true, you get what you pay for!
That is well worth the peace of mind.

Clint

Reactions: jayfects

·
Super Moderator
10,585 Posts

·
Registered
2005 KC Nismo 2wd bought 10-2020 only 32k!
41 Posts
Hey guys, after my old post asking you guys which radiator I should go with, I made my decision and went with a CSF all metal “performance” radiator. It was 350 bucks but I can definitely say it was worth it, the truck seems to cool a lot faster, and the metal of the top tank is ice cold even after an hour of driving, probably because metal will conduct and cool better with cold air hitting it a lot better than plastic is my best guess, but I can definitely say in the long run it will be worth it. View attachment 324240 View attachment 324241
Oooh me likey...are you Auto or Manual Trans?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Use the oem radiator cap its 16 psi and the system is designed to run that way.....the one that comes with the csf radiator is 20 psi

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Use the oem radiator cap its 16 psi and the system is designed to run that way.....the one that comes with the csf radiator is 20 psi
I was told that the radiator was designed for that cap pressure, although the tubing will take more pressure obviously it isn’t that big of a deal, I just emailed CSF and asked for their input on it. If they think I should put a 16 on, I will, if not I’ll just leave it.

·
Super Moderator
3,229 Posts
There shouldn't be any pressure rating on the radiator cap; there should be just a rubber seal under it. The pressure cap in the coolant system is on the coolant reservoir. I know there were a number of the CSF aluminum radiators that had some issues a while back so Stillen and Offroad Gorilla stopped selling them. Hopefully, they corrected whatever the issue was.

Reactions: Sabretooth

·
Registered
645 Posts
There shouldn't be any pressure rating on the radiator cap; there should be just a rubber seal under it. The pressure cap in the coolant system is on the coolant reservoir. I know there were a number of the CSF aluminum radiators that had some issues a while back so Stillen and Offroad Gorilla stopped selling them. Hopefully, they corrected whatever the issue was.

And this is another reason to like this forum cause guys like Smj999smj he is correct I had forgot to add that in but it is easy fix I just bent tabs on oem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts