Nissan Frontier Forum banner

401 - 420 of 438 Posts

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Anyone want to help a fellow frontierer out? I got holes i need to cover up. I need fog lamp covers for a 2007.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
I have a stalk for 05-06 for $35. It has the switches for fogs and auto headlights. I bought the wrong one.

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
Anyone want to help a fellow frontierer out? I got holes i need to cover up. I need fog lamp covers for a 2007.
Are you still in need? I believe I still have mine kicking around.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The dealership told me if I installed the oem fog light kit in my 2018 SV, I would need to get the BCM “reprogrammed”. Are they trying to scam me?

·
Premium Member
4,965 Posts
The dealership told me if I installed the oem fog light kit in my 2018 SV, I would need to get the BCM “reprogrammed”. Are they trying to scam me?
Fog lamp wiring should be there (maybe look and see), you need the fog lamp-compatible stalk and the fog lamp assemblies/mounts. That's it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have searched on here, but this is my second post. If this is highjacking or anything, please forgive me. I’m weary of starting a new thread. Can anyone tell me the part number for the fog light assembly screws? I just bought (yesterday) a 2014 CC SV 4x4 with the VTP. It was missing a fog light and the dealer wouldn’t do anything about it. I ordered a kit, but it instructs to use the factory bolts. I looked today, and they are gone. I saw a thread that references 08146-6162G, can anyone confirm this is the case for the 2014 (give or take a few years). I know a lot hasn’t changed since the 2008 model the thread referenced. I don’t want to spend a dollar a screw and delay the project if I can get these locally at a hardware store. Any insight would help. Thanks in advance! Happy to be a frontier owner!

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have searched on here, but this is my second post. If this is highjacking or anything, please forgive me. I’m weary of starting a new thread. Can anyone tell me the part number for the fog light assembly screws? I just bought (yesterday) a 2014 CC SV 4x4 with the VTP. It was missing a fog light and the dealer wouldn’t do anything about it. I ordered a kit, but it instructs to use the factory bolts. I looked today, and they are gone. I saw a thread that references 08146-6162G, can anyone confirm this is the case for the 2014 (give or take a few years). I know a lot hasn’t changed since the 2008 model the thread referenced. I don’t want to spend a dollar a screw and delay the project if I can get these locally at a hardware store. Any insight would help. Thanks in advance! Happy to be a frontier owner!
If the clip for the screw is still there, all you need is a sheet metal screw with a pan head and a small washer. If the clip is missing, they sell a package with both at most auto parts stores. The clip is the type that fits over the tab with a hole for the screw on one side, and a smaller hole for the screw to thread into on the other with the tab from the truck sandwiched between. Like this one, (see link), but you can get them at any auto part store.

https://www.grainger.com/product/40K681?cm_mmc=PPC:+Google+PLA&s_kwcid=AL!2966!3!166589327950!!!g!109231851957!&ef_id=Wou7JwAAAL38Dlqt:20180329134659:s

If your were near my location I could lend a hand. Kent, Wa.

·
Registered
464 Posts
just pull out one from the driver's side, since you have access to it. i don't want
to do that if you can just as easily pull yours. one thing to note: the bolts they
supply (at least on my 2011) appear to have a shank length just-barely long
enough to grab the metal clip....or not, and therefore will just spin as the threads
of the bolt try to grab the clip. so if you do source the bolt, see if you can try
purchasing one a few mm longer. any over-reach is just dead air space within
the fog light mount anyway so it should be good.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Cool looking up grades, I need!

My truck didn't come with fog lights, so I naturally want to do the DIY upgrade. Where do I buy them is the question?
I'd like yellow lights, and a quick search gives me a pretty wide price range.
Amazon has a kit (not yellow) for $215.99
carid has some (not yellow) for $81.13...not sure if it has the stalk?
Must be lots of others?
I should add, I'm not super smart when it comes to wires...I need the dumb version. I can plug things in, or unplug them. Not figure out wiring schematics.

Any help/advice is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,965 Posts
Cool looking up grades, I need!

My truck didn't come with fog lights, so I naturally want to do the DIY upgrade. Where do I buy them is the question?
I'd like yellow lights, and a quick search gives me a pretty wide price range.
Amazon has a kit (not yellow) for $215.99
carid has some (not yellow) for $81.13...not sure if it has the stalk?
Must be lots of others?
I should add, I'm not super smart when it comes to wires...I need the dumb version. I can plug things in, or unplug them. Not figure out wiring schematics.

Any help/advice is appreciated.

You basically need to swap the OEM light stalk for one with the fog lamp switch on it, and a pair of fog lamps made to fit the OEM bumper. Everything else you need to know is in the first post

·
Premium Member
5,128 Posts
Rdog, I hear ya on the desire for yellow, but this might very well reduce your overall output. This was the case w/ our Morimoto Group Buy we had a couple years ago. Can't recall anyone that opted in for the yellow tint overlay and was happy w/ it. Also, the yellow tint made the slightly blue LED light a kind of green color. Yeah, strange.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I’m at a loss. I got a kit on amazon that was supposed to be a plug and play oem replacement. Guys even had pics don’t after. I have had this truck a week and I’m just not familiar with what things are supposed to look like. The bezel that came with it doesn’t seem like it would fit in any way shape or form given the shape. They are the autosaver88 for plastic bumper. Anyone familiar?

·
Premium Member
5,128 Posts
I’m at a loss. I got a kit on amazon that was supposed to be a plug and play oem replacement. Guys even had pics don’t after. I have had this truck a week and I’m just not familiar with what things are supposed to look like. The bezel that came with it doesn’t seem like it would fit in any way shape or form given the shape. They are the autosaver88 for plastic bumper. Anyone familiar?
It's up to you/anyone...create a simple signature w/ your year, trim level, KC or CC, engine & drivetrain at the very LEAST so others can share an informed opinion. Trim level can/will determine what bumper was used at the factory.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Still trying to figure this message board thing out. Thanks Rush. 2014 SV CC 4.0 4x4 with VTP.

It's up to you/anyone...create a simple signature w/ your year, trim level, KC or CC, engine & drivetrain at the very LEAST so others can share an informed opinion. Trim level can/will determine what bumper was used at the factory.[/QUOTE]

401 - 420 of 438 Posts