Nissan Frontier Forum banner

381 - 400 of 438 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
I really didn't have any trouble putting them in. The first tab to align is the bottom left side of the ring (while looking at the front/outside of the driver side ring). On the edge of the opening in the bumper there is a spot that has a raised "bump", that's all I can think to call it, the tab on the ring goes onto this one first. Then push the other side in. That's all I did other than to make sure the other tabs where all the way in. Maybe but a little bit of light lube on the edge to help it go in. (wait for it) Good luck and don't give up.
OK, I have a little update on putting the trim rings into the chrome bumper. I went out and removed one so I could get some pics of how I get them.

All right then. Here is the bumper with the ring removed. The "bump" that I mentioned, I mistakenly said bottom left when I should have said top, is easy to see in the pic. Slide the corresponding tab on the ring onto this one first.

That would be the tab located on the ring in the top right of the picture.

Kinda hard to tell in this pic but the next one to put in is on the bottom of the ring. Rotate the ring slightly counter-clockwise to get clearance for it then rotate clockwise to seat it.

The last one is the finger tab. Reach your finger through the inside of the ring and depress the tab. Push the ring in the rest of the way and make sure the finger tab has seated. That's it. I took about 5 min to take the ring out and put it back in with a helper taking the pics. Hope this helps anyone that is having trouble. Please note that these are OEM parts. Aftermarket may be different.
Good luck!

·
Registered
408 Posts
OK, I have a little update on putting the trim rings into the chrome bumper. I went out and removed one so I could get some pics of how I get them.

All right then. Here is the bumper with the ring removed. The "bump" that I mentioned, I mistakenly said bottom left when I should have said top, is easy to see in the pic. Slide the corresponding tab on the ring onto this one first.

That would be the tab located on the ring in the top right of the picture.

Kinda hard to tell in this pic but the next one to put in is on the bottom of the ring. Rotate the ring slightly counter-clockwise to get clearance for it then rotate clockwise to seat it.

The last one is the finger tab. Reach your finger through the inside of the ring and depress the tab. Push the ring in the rest of the way and make sure the finger tab has seated. That's it. I took about 5 min to take the ring out and put it back in with a helper taking the pics. Hope this helps anyone that is having trouble. Please note that these are OEM parts. Aftermarket may be different.

Good luck!

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
714 Posts
^^keeps it real. *mic drop

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ok, so I installed my fog lights this weekend and finally was able to use them this morning. The light shines about 3 feet in front of the bumper. Is that correct? I thought it was going to shine further down the road.

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Should be a sharp cutoff line of light that resides below the headlights illumination.
This is best seen against a flat wall in the following orientation: _O O_
When aimed properly, they should not bother oncoming traffic at all. Having gone from the OEM to Morimoto's, the latter has a brighter/sharper cutoff along w/ a wider beam output that better illuminates the lateral portions of the road.

In truly foggy conditions one would be driving slower than usual. IMHO, fog lights are more about show than function...though some areas will have more fog than my Midwest neck of the woods. I run mine 100% of time when headlights are on.

·
Registered
544 Posts
... In truly foggy conditions one would be driving slower than usual. IMHO, fog lights are more about show than function...though some areas will have more fog than my Midwest neck of the woods. I run mine 100% of time when headlights are on.
I switched to Yellow LED fogs from Diode Dynamics and tied into the Clearance/Running Lights so that I could keep them on with the high beams. Since this freed up the fog light switch I took advantage of this and used it to switch my light bar on/off. While not ideal it will do till I've got time for pulling a switch wire through the dash and installing a dedicated switch... I've grown to like the yellowish light it seems lend some extra definition...

·
Registered
17 Posts
So i guess I should ask also how to change the angle of the light? Nissan isnt shipping these with instructions. Thankssssssssssssssssssss Nissan

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
So i guess I should ask also how to change the angle of the light? Nissan isnt shipping these with instructions. Thankssssssssssssssssssss Nissan
There's a small dial on the back of the fog lamp assembly, turn it to adjust the aim

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Which direction do you turn it to raise them up?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

1. Park 10 feet from a wall
2. Turn fogs on
3. Turn dial, watch light move on wall

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'd rather try to figure out how to jump the wiring on the switch side like the person on the thread I linked to did. Use the wiring, relay, fuse already there for the fogs. From what I can tell Nissan just left out the fixtures and the switch, everything else is there.

If someone has done it already it would be nice to save time and get the info and if not, I may dig in and try to figure it out.

Or give up and just spend the $100 on a new stalk.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I got the lights AND the stalk for $99 off of Amazon... It looks factory.

One other word of advise, be very careful which LED bulbs you use. I bought some off of amazon and they are BLAZING bright, but, the COMPLETELY wipe out the FM band on my radio. Nothing but hiss.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I got the lights AND the stalk for $99 off of Amazon... It looks factory.

One other word of advise, be very careful which LED bulbs you use. I bought some off of amazon and they are BLAZING bright, but, the COMPLETELY wipe out the FM band on my radio. Nothing but hiss.
Which one did you buy on Amazon? Can't seem to find a cheap alternative.

·
Registered
298 Posts
It's been four years ago.

381 - 400 of 438 Posts
About this Discussion
437 Replies
187 Participants
Scm831
Nissan Frontier Forum
Welcome to our Nissan Frontier Forum! A premier community to share your mods and builds. Chat with like-minded Frontier owners.
Full Forum Listing