Nissan Frontier Forum banner

21 - 40 of 438 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
If you have the knock outs for the fog lights in the bumper I would think so. The easiest way to tell would be to look under there and see if you have a wiring harness like the one in the photo. It would be up near the top of the bumper.

For low visibility climates (snow, rain, fog) I swapped my OE bulbs with PIAA plasma yellows. I like them a little better, personally.
Hmmm......I like that idea!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Just looked under the truck and found the wire harness, definently want to do this, but is there a stalk available for a 2006 XE without auto-headlamps, but with a fog light switch?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Just looked under the truck and found the wire harness, definently want to do this, but is there a stalk available for a 2006 XE without auto-headlamps, but with a fog light switch?
Mine did not have auto headlamps, so it should work. Justin at thenismoshop.com should be able to tell you for sure what you need. You may want to look at the back side of your bumper and see if you have mounting tabs similar to the ones in the pic. I know there are a couple different ways the lights from Nissan can attach.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks to everyone who has posted info. here on how to do this install. I gathered enough knowlege of here to try it myself (and trust me I can be extremely dangerous when I have a little bit of knowlege about something...think power tool disaster.) I figure the pics might be helpful to someone else down the line.
hey thanks for the write-up i just got that exact kit on last friday so im gonna put it on when i get good weather here...

i wonder if the LE-bumper (body color) has this same fog-light setup...the chrome bumper sticks out like a sore thumb to me on my truck. and i really wanna get a black one...anyone have knowledge on this??

·
Registered
985 Posts
Excellent write-up! I probably should have done one myself, but have yet to install a set personally.
Thanks for the support and glad everything worked out for you. This should help out alot of DIY guys!

For those that might miss this thread I put a link on our website to this thread to help people out with the install and to plug the forum as well :)
The Nismo Shop : West Covina Nissan : Nissan OEM Fog Light Kit :: 05-08 Frontier
Install looks easy, still waiting for the part number for the fog/auto light stalk??? Now I see there are two kits and my '08 is not included (build date 9-07)

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I just ended up calling them to make sure I got the right pieces and they sent me an email with what exactly to enter on the website order form. The lights I got for my truck didn't look like the ones in the photo on the website which threw me off at first, but they were the correct ones.

I think the LE has some different parts because of the painted bumper (trim rings maybe).

·
Registered
47 Posts
ok thanks. hopefully i can rig a different bumper to work with the fog lights i just purchased and installed for my chrome bumper. and i put the lights on yesterday and it looks so much better. i found everything exactly as u illustrated it and it was so easy...thanks again.

·
Registered
160 Posts
whoa! amazing...

·
Registered
23 Posts
What is the stock number of the switch installed ?

Thanks for the info . What is the part number for the stalk ?
I have the same truhttp://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/images/smilies/new/goodjob.gif
:goodjob:ck as you but there are two units to chose from .

·
Registered
23 Posts
Would the stock inserts that you took out of the chrome bumper work instead of the new gray inserts that you put in ? I'm thinking of using them and just pulling out the center plug.
I'm still waiting from the dealer on my stalk switch it has been back order a couple of times now .

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
That I could not tell you. I imagine they would work if you were willing to trim them down to size.

·
Registered
23 Posts
That I could not tell you. I imagine they would work if you were willing to trim them down to size.
I checked and picked up a set from the dealer , the blanks ( like on the SE) are @5.00 each , the replacement bezel for the fog light came to @ $11.00 each . It would have way cheaper to just order everything online from one supplier like you did .

·
Registered
109 Posts
Nice write up - I bet this could be adapted to work on my wife's Nissan Quest :)

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
nice!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks again for the write-up and pix. I installed my yesterday and refered to your post a couple of times. I ended up removing the front wheels for easier access. Question, have you tried adjusting the stock fogs after the install? Mine seem to shine a little low for the full effect.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I haven't adjusted mine yet. They seemed pretty good for out of the box aiming. When the temps get above 40 and the snow is all gone I plan on playing with the aim of the fogs and my headlamps. They use the same kind of adjusters my Honda van does to it should be easy to play with the aim.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Great Post, Very Explicit & Informative

The wife has a 2009 Nissan CC 4X4 SE chrome bumper w/o the fog light option. I want to add this option but am a mechanical noob. The dealer will do it but I'm getting conflicting answers, parts says no, sales says yes, service says maybe.

Does the chrome bumper on the 2009 SE indicate the prewired plug is present? If so, they (dealer) will install the Nissan Parts. It's about -20 here and I'm too damn old to be laying on the floor at these temps.

I'd let the dealer check it but I'm 75 miles each way from the dealer.

Thanks in advance

21 - 40 of 438 Posts