Nissan Frontier Forum banner

341 - 360 of 438 Posts

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Thanks again. :)
Just FYI. I looked at that eBay listing again and it looks like this dealer is also thenismoshop.com. But as long as all you need to know from them is if they ship to Mexico, the listing indicates yes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thenismoshop actually just replied. They ship to Mexico and provide a tracking number. Very import that I have this number. In my little experience living here, Mexican post is a total disaster. Things just don't get delivered. Thanks for all your help yesterdaysradios!!!

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Thenismoshop actually just replied. They ship to Mexico and provide a tracking number. Very import that I have this number. In my little experience living here, Mexican post is a total disaster. Things just don't get delivered. Thanks for all your help yesterdaysradios!!!
Good luck and follow the steps outlined by the OP for your install, I did and it's very easy. I leave the fog lights in the on position all of the time. They don't come on until the headlights are turned on (saves a step). The fogs do make a difference, they close the gap from the front of the truck to where the headlight beam hits the road.

·
Registered
27 Posts
First off, like everyone else said, thanks to the original poster for this with photos. Awesome job! As well as all the replies. Some great information here.

I've been looking into fog lights and some additional lighting on the front of my frontier and wondered what you all recommend purchasing to get the most light for a reasonable cost. The smaller led light bars (4-5 led lights per bar) have my interest for brightness. The round lights look really good though when attached on various places on the front bumper. Which one would would be best for a wide light across the road? I don't want lights with more of a directional beam but something that would overall light up the area evenly. I am not wanting yellow fog lights either. Don't like the look.

Also, with the led light bars, can you connect those power wires directly to the turn signal lights so that you don't have to worry about the headlights being on/low beam vs high beam? I would like to be able to have my led lights come on without even having to turn on the headlights and heard this was an easy way to connect them.

Lastly, I have also been looking into the aftermarket led fog lights that fit my frontier. Anyone else installed them and if so, how bright are they compared to the factory fog lights from Nissan? Are they only minimally brighter or do they really show a noticeable difference?

More questions I am not thinking of right now but will post them too.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Went to my dealership today to find out some info and prices on individual parts.

The fog light kit is $275.

The stalk separately is $119!

The two round replacements (plastic pieces with openings) are $21 each!

Might just go with the factory fog lights after all.

Asked the dealership about price on a new switch like in the photo. $25. Figured this would be nice as it would be an exact fit (would still say Cargo Lamp but I would know what it's for). But does anyone know of a switch that would be an exact fit for this slot that may be a little cheaper and different wording on it? Like auxillary light? I am wanting to add some additional lighting on top of the fogs.

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
Went to my dealership today to find out some info and prices on individual parts.

The fog light kit is $275.

The stalk separately is $119!

The two round replacements (plastic pieces with openings) are $21 each!

Might just go with the factory fog lights after all.

Asked the dealership about price on a new switch like in the photo. $25. Figured this would be nice as it would be an exact fit (would still say Cargo Lamp but I would know what it's for). But does anyone know of a switch that would be an exact fit for this slot that may be a little cheaper and different wording on it? Like auxillary light? I am wanting to add some additional lighting on top of the fogs.
You could try using the Carling Contura series of switches to see if they fit.

Here is a pic of some that I put into a Jeep Wrangler (TJ). The first two (red lens) are double pole On/off/On style also known DPDT, the rest (orange lens) are regular On/Off style (SPST)

A source for them: OTRATTW

·
Registered
27 Posts
You could try using the Carling Contura series of switches to see if they fit.

Here is a pic of some that I put into a Jeep Wrangler (TJ). The first two (red lens) are double pole On/off/On style also known DPDT, the rest (orange lens) are regular On/Off style (SPST)

A source for them: OTRATTW
Thanks! I will look into those and see if they may possibly fit.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I installed mine yesterday and it was a really easy job. I couldn't get one of the top bolts to torque down very tight and there is about a 1/4" gap between the light and the trim piece. I can't tell from the pictures and didn't read the entire thread but is that normal?

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Im asking for a friend. He has a 2014 S and he's curious if his is prewired for fogs.
Yep, it is. The entire Nissan US product line is most likely wired for them. I know the 2015 Versa Note is. So if a Versa is, it's a safe bet that everything else is as well.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Yep, it is. The entire Nissan US product line is most likely wired for them. I know the 2015 Versa Note is. So if a Versa is, it's a safe bet that everything else is as well.
Thanks. He's coming back from a 2yr deployment in Germany with the army and me and another friend are gonna get some and in stall some for him.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Thanks. He's coming back from a 2yr deployment in Germany with the army and me and another friend are gonna get some and in stall some for him.
Very cool. Just follow the steps outlined by the OP, very easy. I used this thread when I did my install.

***EDIT***

Make sure to get the correct kit for the trucks bumper. The chrome and plastic bumpers do NOT use the same light housing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you have the model with the plastic front bumper instead of the chrome, the kit is a different P/N. For my 2013, it was 999F1-KV000.

There are a few additional pointers I'd like to add relative to the plastic bumper...

(1) There are no trim rings/sleeves. The light mounts right into the existing hole created by removing the blank.
Thanks for this. I ordered my kit and was surprised to see the finished result without any trim rings included. I called my local dealership thinking I needed them separately but they won't sell them outside the kit... Ordered the trim rings for the chrome bumper off eBay to find they didn't fit anywhere.

SOOo that means I have pair of trim rings for a 2012 chrome bumper for sale ::grin::

·
Registered
441 Posts
i may have missed it (i did try looking) but thought to embed the Nissan
Techinfo instructions here, if anything, to bring it 'to the top'. Also if you
happen to have one of these stubby ratchets in your toolbox, it's the
cat's meow.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts

Check out this Switch. I jsut ordered one for my light bar.
Push Switch 107 12V Nissan Replacement LED Light Bar Rogue Titan Xterra | eBay

·
Registered
231 Posts
I did the OEM fog light install today. Also surprised to see how the fog lights mated to the painted bumper, I don't really care for the gap. But the look is still much better than those plastic caps.

Anyway, reviving an old thread to post pics.

Old stalk

Swap underway

New stalk installed

Aside from the stalk, this is the entire kit

Light housings installed

·
Registered
16 Posts
This mod is on my wish list. Does anyone have any pics with the fog lights installed on a S (black plastic bumper) model?

341 - 360 of 438 Posts