Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:fantastic:Ok so i just bought my 2006 nissan frontier certified pre-owned from the McCarthy auto group in Olathe KS. I was looking at the chevy's and this happened to be on the lot and fit my requirements of 4 dr and 4wd, and was so much better priced, so i tried it out, loved it and it came with a warranty. Anyway, I got home and started researching accessories (of course) I found out that when you get the sliding bed extender package with the truck it should have the tie down cleats with it. then, since my dog will probbably ride in the back and she's too expensive to be jumping out whenever she wants to I wanted to get teh tie downs, looked those up online at about $60.00 per cleat. ebay had a few boxes going for aroud 50 to 60 $. and I though ok lets go price the ones at nissan. when I got there and asked where the parts dept was they said it was closed at 5pm so i explained that I just bought the truck and it had the bed extender but not the tie downs, and wanted to price them from the parts dept. the sales man ( one that i hadnt even met or dealt with) walked to their break room and brought out a box and said "here ya go" and just like that gave me a free set. I thought wow that's just awesome! and immediately knew i'd be posting this today!:fantastic:

·
Premium Member
3,550 Posts
Congrats on the steal. That is very uncommon!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Good deal there. Someone in management somewhere will be pissed! Hi and welcome.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm guessing he thought you just bought a brand new truck from them and the cleat box was missing...

·
Registered
17,537 Posts
I'm guessing he thought you just bought a brand new truck from them and the cleat box was missing...
^^^ that's what i was thinking, still i wouldn't complain at all, sounds like a good deal to me:thumbsup:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I may have mentioned that it was "certified preowned". But he did go into their employees only breakroom ( I could see the microwaves and vending machines) and came out with the box. My guess was that It was the box that the PO had when he bought it new and when he traded it in he brought it back with the truck and they put it in there for some weird reason. Who knows, I'm just glad that I can now focus my $200 bones on fog lights instead of tie downs.

·
Registered
313 Posts
i bought my truck from McCarthy nissan in bluesprings......and it came off the lot in olathe. i have nothing but good things to say about them. service dept. is one of the best i have ever delt with.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts