Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have the Nissan CONNECT APP installed on their phone, or access it from the nissanusa.com site?

The Vehicle Stats will NOT UPDATE on the App, nor online.

I can unlock, lock, locate, and the mileage does show on the main screen online.

However, the fuel level, tire pressure and some other states will NEVER update online or in the app.

Attempting to refresh will yield a "REFRESH FAILED. FAILURE TO CONNECT TO SERVER".

Nissan was oblivious to this issue and are "looking into it".

So, anyone else who has the app installed or who has a user account on nissan, see if your VEHICLE STATS will update in both.
Product Font Line Material property Screenshot
Rectangle Font Screenshot Software Operating system
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Magenta

Should not matter whether the vehicle is in or not. It should have taken a snapshot of the last statistics.

NOTE! Make sure you have not turned off "data transmission to Nissan" in the settings.

·
Registered
2022 Frontier PRO-4X Boulder Grey Pearl
26 Posts
Anyone else have the Nissan CONNECT APP installed on their phone, or access it from the nissanusa.com site?

The Vehicle Stats will NOT UPDATE on the App, nor online.

I can unlock, lock, locate, and the mileage does show on the main screen online.

However, the fuel level, tire pressure and some other states will NEVER update online or in the app.

Attempting to refresh will yield a "REFRESH FAILED. FAILURE TO CONNECT TO SERVER".

Nissan was oblivious to this issue and are "looking into it".

So, anyone else who has the app installed or who has a user account on nissan, see if your VEHICLE STATS will update in both.
View attachment 337669 View attachment 337670 View attachment 337671
Should not matter whether the vehicle is in or not. It should have taken a snapshot of the last statistics.

NOTE! Make sure you have not turned off "data transmission to Nissan" in the settings.
You are NOT along buddy, same issue here with android phone. I found it does update if the car is ON or "awake", but when is OFF or on demand I get same error message. Will call support and ask what's going on, will update once get an answer.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2022 Frontier Pro4x Metallic Green
72 Posts
I got that same error when I first set it up. The error went away after I drove the truck once.

My phone and the website are both now giving updated data. Says 187 miles and it is reading 188 in the truck. Refresh and locking/unlocking the doors worked with both the website and the phone.

I did find some requirements for remote engine start/stop to work on their FAQ page. Maybe one of these is the missing piece?
  • Cellular network connection with a signal
  • Doors closed and locked
  • Hood closed
  • Windows up
  • Transmission in park
  • Nissan intelligent key outside truck
  • Brake pedal not depressed

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I started to use connect. But they make no bones about the fact they sell your data.
Yep, its right on the main screen when you turn on the vehicle.

However, there are two pages where you can TURN OFF data sharing and transmission.....Obviously, none of the connected services would probably work then.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I've got data sharing turned off except some is still allowed to facilitate Connect etc. When I start the truck my screen informs me that data sharing is set to " limited".

I just logged into the app on my phone and it's currently updated just fine, but it's not always that way. I have quite often been unable to get it to update to the current stats. Sometimes triggering a function (i.e. locking the doors) or searching for it on the map will correct that but not always.

Not sure if it's relevant but I'm in Canada, not sure if that affects any of the connectivity issues.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've got data sharing turned off except some is still allowed to facilitate Connect etc. When I start the truck my screen informs me that data sharing is set to " limited".

I just logged into the app on my phone and it's currently updated just fine, but it's not always that way. I have quite often been unable to get it to update to the current stats. Sometimes triggering a function (i.e. locking the doors) or searching for it on the map will correct that but not always.

Not sure if it's relevant but I'm in Canada, not sure if that affects any of the connectivity issues.
You said in another thread that you were able to use NISSAN CONNECT without a cell connection or wifi.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes I did, have I contradicted myself or something?

*Edit
I just double checked and I never said I can connect without Wi-Fi.
Sorry, perhaps I mis read.
You said "#2, I can use my connect app when I have no cell signal.".

I meant you must have some type of data connection, whether it be wifi or mobile data. But since mobile data is rarely accessible when you have no cell signal, you must would have to be using wifi.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Sorry, perhaps I mis read.
You said "#2, I can use my connect app when I have no cell signal.".

I meant you must have some type of data connection, whether it be wifi or mobile data. But since mobile data is rarely accessible when you have no cell signal, you must would have to be using wifi.

No worries, I can see how it may have sounded like that.

But everything you've said about connecting to the system is correct, I do need to have either Wi-Fi or mobile signal to access it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts