Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
looks good, too bad there don't seem to be any plans on putting it in the frontier. with a good tune that thing could be a nice truck worthy torque monster with some nice MPGs to boot.

·
Registered
755 Posts
better off just putting an sts turbo on your truck. didn't the xterra guy get like 35 mpg on the highway?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
diesels have much more potential per dollar that you throw into them. so much cheaper to get power out of. and as it sits right now it probably wouldn't be anything too great in our trucks since it was made to be put in mainly cars and would be very expensive atleast for a while to get your before you could even try putting on in any of our trucks. if a variant was made for our trucks then it would most likely have much more tq oriented tune in it. also with that kind of MPGs stock, an intake, strait pipe, and programmer would put you over 40 easy. i really don't think that hines got 35 mpg out of the sts system, that would be doubling the motors normal fuel efficiency i'm pretty sure his was more like 25 but dont' quote me

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
correction that would be just under double alot of peoples average highway mpg. if you go by the trip computer that makes sense cause the one on my twin turbo z always said 33-36 mpg but it wasn't getting anywhere close to that, the computer didn't understand what was going on with the fuel and usually showed those MPGs then would randomly show like 12 or 13 and the DTE would also suddenly fall like 50 miles all the time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts