Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pretty good update on the thread I made about 10 days ago. That's why I'm creating a new post.

For anyone that hasn't seen the first thread, the short version is I posted a link from a local dealership that is listing a Nismo Frontier for sale. I thought it didn't look right and asked for opinions. Everyone that replied to the original question agreed it was an SE with eBay Nismo stickers. Here is the link to the truck:
2005 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4WD Crew Cab SE Salina, Kansas | Long McArthur Ford Lincoln Mercury

Last Friday I started thinking about what if someone went in there thinking they were buying a Nismo and ended up with an SE. How bummed would they be if they found out later? So I called the dealer and ended up talking to a really nice internet sales rep. I politely explained all the things mentioned here, how the pictures just didn't add up, and that I was all but certain they didn't have a real Nismo.

So she talked to her boss and called me back yesterday. She said he still believes he is sitting on a real Nismo. He told her it says Nismo on the steering wheel, and when he puts the VIN number in his computer, something pops up as Nismo.

So I got her email address and spent an hour of my time yesterday doing a little research. I sent her a link to the first thread I made here. Obviously, popular opinion on an internet forum doesn't constitute iron-clad proof, so I kept going. I sent her a link to a 2005 Frontier review at automotive.com that tells exactly what the Nismo package comes with. Lastly, I sent a link of a random 2005 CC Nismo Frontier from autotrader.com with good pictures. And I made a list of what to look for in each picture. I also encouraged her and/or her boss to check out the plethora of Nismo listings on cars.com and autotrader.com. It's only been 24 hours, so no response yet and as of tonight, the listing still says Nismo.

This is at a real big lot that's been around for a very long time. They have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, and I've heard nothing but good things from friends that did business there. It's just a Ford dealer with a used Nissan that naturally isn't an expert in Frontier options. I hope the info from my email helps them out. I don't know why that truck's VIN number would say anything about a Nismo though. If anyone here has a Carfax account, plug it in and see what happens.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Wrong seats, wrong wheels, wrong tailgate badges, no fogs, too low, how much further to go??? Mine is a Nismo, it is registered and insured as a Frontier.

Mine doesn't say anything about Nismo on the steering wheel but I paid like a $100 for the cheap Nismo floor mats.

Keep us posted with what you learn, too many things not right about this

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
you're probably not going to hear from them... they don't care... you (as a buyer) better do your research before buying a used car.

·
Registered
70 Posts
This probs a SE that someone put NISMO stickers on, and now the stealership is pawing it off as a NISMO because of the stickers on the side of the bed.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
LOL, that is an SE but it does no good to tell the dealership this even if they know because they see it bringing in more money.

·
Registered
503 Posts
man where is this dealership... i think i'm going to put skyline gtr badges on my truck and trade it in for something nice!

·
Registered
10 Posts
2010 PRO 4x4

I just bought a new 2010 PRO 4x4. What's the difference between this truck and the Nissmo your talking about?

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
The dealership doesn't care what stickers are on the side of it. If some unsuspecting buyer of that SE later claims he thought he was buying a NISMO, the dealsership will simply say.."we never said it was a NISMO and none of the sales documents you signed say it is a NISMO". Buyer beware.

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
My VIN comes up as an SE but it came to the lot from the factory badged as a LE with LE options, including roof rack and 17" four spoke wheels. Just shows that the VIN isn't always correct.

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
how is this even a debate? it's got "SE" plainly on the tailgate and everything else on it looks SE trim?? :wtf:

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
My steering wheel says nismo, my wheels, my floor mats, my seats, my rear quarters and tail gate.....ive even been thinking of a nismo tat on my arse :)

·
Registered
1,632 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
I thought I remembered someone here saying they went to a dealership and saw Frontier that was being advertised as an EX bc thats what the tailgate emblem had on it. The guy even had a pic on here but couldnt find it. Does anyone here remember that one? or have the link to that thread.

·
Registered
293 Posts
this reminds me of the video of a Frontier TRD that the guy was so proud of.
To each their own, main thing is........, we know better.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts