Nissan Frontier Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had a style like the “tall” acorns in the second pic, but they were not that tall. As far as I know there were only two OEM styles, a small acorn like I had, and your top pic which was for steel wheels. As far as I know all the aluminum/alloy wheels (PRO-4X, SL, Midnight, SV) all uses the same tiny acorns I had. Maybe it’s just the pic but I certainly would not describe what I had as tall like Z1 did. And I def didn’t have the top ones, those are for steel wheels and I’ve seen them used in that application.

Nope: just found the short versions on Z1 and they are literally called that. These are definitely what I had and I know the midnights used them too. Not sure about SL or SV. SL is basically the same wheel as a midnight so I’m guessing it uses the short ones. SV maybe uses the tall ones, I dunno.

the main problem with the short ones was the lack of bulge seat, which is Problem on the tall ones too. The Nismo cone seat is larger. Bulge seats from mcgard seemed to be a better fit that gripped the wheel better. I’m sure either can work, and I did drive 150 miles on my short ones with the Nismos, but when I took them off and refastened, it definitely did not feel right.

Z1 short lug nut
there are the ones I have, looks like they’ll work. I’ll update later when I have them mounted
Household hardware Finger Fluid Thumb Nickel

·
Premium Member
2019 Black PRO-4X 6MT
597 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
So you think it only rubs due to the mud flaps? Im looking at similar size 285/70 but the K02 and was told they fit but will rub full lock when compressed.

Thanks. And truck looks great!

Looks like we are good, 285/70/17 on stock wheel dimensions slightly rubs upfront, but if I remove the front mud flaps looks like it will clear View attachment 338248
View attachment 338247

·
Registered
37 Posts
So you think it only rubs due to the mud flaps? Im looking at similar size 285/70 but the K02 and was told they fit but will rub full lock when compressed.

Thanks. And truck looks great!
Yes will rub on mud flaps, when I picked it up it was noticeable, but over a couple of drives it was less noticeable. It actually started trimming itself haha. Remove them and you got no rub. I did a u turn, and had to go on the side walk and no rub. Anything bigger will rub. Was going to go 285/75/17 but that would’ve definitely rubbed unless you had a lift or major trimming.
Tire Automotive tire Tread Automotive design Bumper

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Wheel Automotive design

·
Registered
68 Posts
you planning on a lift or spacers or anything?

Yes will rub on mud flaps, when I picked it up it was noticeable, but over a couple of drives it was less noticeable. It actually started trimming itself haha. Remove them and you got no rub. I did a u turn, and had to go on the side walk and no rub. Anything bigger will rub. Was going to go 285/75/17 but that would’ve definitely rubbed unless you had a lift or major trimming. View attachment 338354
View attachment 338355

21 - 28 of 28 Posts