Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the 10th anniversary of having my 08 Nismo I decided to start to give a little love back to my truck! I have taken this old dog places where no truck should be, but always got me through. Uphill, downhill, mud, rain, snow, on the pavement I drive it like I stole it!

I have been looking at this forum which is awesome! researching some old school mods. Too bad I did not have the $$ back then while paying off my truck.

So the first mod was to add this amazing fuel filler cap, 17251-RN020! Its the greatest mod that no one will ever see but me, except if someone is stealing my gas. It also brings a smile to my face when I pump $4 a gallon of gas. I'm not sure how but as soon as I installed it, I got 5 more hp!

If I get addicted to Mods, Is there a 12 step program out there for me?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
Welcome to the forum, you joined the best one on the net, very friendly and knowledgeable group.
You must be in California with those fuel prices. Here in NJ it’s about $2.35 and in central Texas it’s about $1.93 so head east, haha.

Clint

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More Weekend Upgrades

Replaced the cowl over the weekend! You don't realize how faded the old one was until you get a new one! Super easy replacement and made it all look brand new thanks to all the posts here. My OCD got the better part of me so I wound up getting in there and taking out the wiper motor and the piece that directs the air into the air conditioner cleaning it all out and even waxing in there, lol. Glad to report no rust and sorry to report, no treasure found. I'm not sure how but as soon as I installed it, I got 5 more hp!

If you are up for it, these are the parts.
66862-ZL00A
66895-EA000
66894-EA000
66830-EA000

Attachments

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I live pretty far out there with only one gas station. Glad to report price went down to 3.70! ugh! The nearest town is about 1 1/2 hours away. I try to get gas there as much as possible

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
Did you consider using plastic specific paint and eliminating future fading?

Clint

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
Replaced the cowl over the weekend! You don't realize how faded the old one was until you get a new one! Super easy replacement and made it all look brand new thanks to all the posts here. My OCD got the better part of me so I wound up getting in there and taking out the wiper motor and the piece that directs the air into the air conditioner cleaning it all out and even waxing in there, lol. Glad to report no rust and sorry to report, no treasure found. I'm not sure how but as soon as I installed it, I got 5 more hp!

If you are up for it, these are the parts.
66862-ZL00A
66895-EA000
66894-EA000
66830-EA000
Need to pull up my cowl. I am sure there are all kinds of nasties under there.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
i got a lock on my gas cap.... don't trust anyone any more

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
just dont drive till E!!! :)

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I saw a the post after I ordered the parts and the paint looked great! I may consider for the other plastic stuff.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Factory XM Added!! Welcome to 2018!

For years I have been messing around with after market wiring harnesses to get satellite in my truck! They worked ok but the volume was always too low. I should have been on the forums a lot sooner. After digging around on pervious posts here, I located the factory harness by my driver kick panel. I purchased a XM unit off of eBay that came out of a 2012 Frontier for $40. Basically, it was super easy to install and took about 5 minutes. The volume issue is also resolved, its twice as loud and vibrating the whole truck, lol.

I only had to attach the unit to the bolts welded to the car and plug it in. I did not have to mess with anything behind the radio. I mounted the antenna on the center of the dash down by the glass and seems to work good for me. I'm getting 235 channels.

If anybody has an old dog the want to upgrade to factory XM, These are the parts I used.
28051-EH00B Satellite Unit
999U9-VS000 Satellite Antenna
23188-3JA0A Mounting Nuts
28033-EA00A Right Bracket
28032-EA00A Left Bracket

There is just something satisfying when you can hook up all these mysterious connectors in your truck with OEM upgrades!

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Drivers Tow Hook and fixes

After digging deep on 10 years old posts, I was able to add a stock drivers tow hook! They are actually still available from Thorton Breakers in England! I did get the bolts separate from ebay. Super easy to install, the holes are in the frame already. I removed the plastic cowl, I just carefully traced and cut out the pattern with a razor knife. Totally stock and looks great!

These are the parts if you interested.
51113-EA000 - Tow Hook
081B7-2452A - Bolts

I had my old XM antenna coming out of the third tail light and was the light was kinda trashed. I decided to replace it. Super easy to replace. Also the foam gasket on the bottom of the light was leaking into the interior. Oddly enough the part number on it was for a Titan? I ordered it anyway. So I guess the part number is actually for the lens only, the wiring harness would not fit to the factory connector. However, I just kept the old harness with the bulbs in it and works just fine.

26590-7S200 - Titan - will work if you keep the old harness
26590-EA800 - Frontier - to replace the lens and harness

Attachments

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
After digging deep on 10 years old posts, I was able to add a stock drivers tow hook! They are actually still available from Thorton Breakers in England! I did get the bolts separate from ebay. Super easy to install, the holes are in the frame already. I removed the plastic cowl, I just carefully traced and cut out the pattern with a razor knife. Totally stock and looks great!

51113-EA000 - Tow Hook
081B7-2452A - Bolts

I had my old XM antenna coming out of the third tail light and was the light was kinda trashed. I decided to replace it. Super easy to replace. Also the foam gasket on the bottom of the light was leaking into the interior. Oddly enough the part number on it was for a Titan? I ordered it anyway. So I guess the part number is actually for the lens only, the wiring harness would not fit to the factory connector. However, I just kept the old harness with the bulbs in it and works just fine.

26590-7S200 - Titan - will work if you keep the old harness
26590-EA800 - Frontier - to replace the lens and harness
Looks great! You got me wanting to get the extra hook that it should have had already, copied the parts numbers for future reference. Thanks.. and welcome to the club!

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Agreed! Thanks. This is their email, [email protected], and spoke with Cameron. It was around $80 and had it delivered in 4 -5 days. The payment was done through Paypal. I let them know this is what I was looking for "Im looking for a Navara D40 2008 tow hook for the left side. I believe the part number is 51113-EA000"

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
USB Charging Port - Easy OEM!!

Looked at a bunch of threads about adding USB chargers and most of them were after market. I prefer to use stock frontier or Nissan parts. So I found this from a Pathfinder, lol. Close enough. Adding these were super easy and connected to the factory harness with not problems at all. My interior is graphite so they match perfectly.

Charging Ports - 999Q7-V4000
Cut out Template - T98Q7-5ZW2A

I placed one in the rear of the center console. Take off the arm rest and pop off the rear section with the cup holder. I taped the template to the panel and used a dremel to cut the hole. It connects easily to the wiring harness for the power outlet. Make sure that you do not place the charger to high, it could hit the backside of the coin holder.

I liked them so much and looked stock, so I wanted some up front. 4 chargers are better then 2 right?

Under my dash I had an unused harness connector that went to the cigarette lighter fuse. I used that one, however, you can also use the power outlet harness that is already there. If you do this, measure, measure, measure. There is exactly enough space for this to fit on the flat surface of the bezel and not hit the A/C control box behind the bezel. The only difference in cutting it out is that on the rear of the bezel are two rows of plastic supports that I trimmed away.

I don't have the part number, but I believe that Nissan also has charging ports where one is a USB, the other IPhone.

Below are pics of the front install.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
USB Charging Port - Easy OEM!!

Pics of the rear install.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Super Rare Keyless Entry Pad Installed!

Been combing through this forum for a while and one of those old school upgrades that everyone what was the keyless entry pad! So I set out searching and searching. It took probably about 6 months and finally scored a new oem, in the box keypad! Actually unbelievable that these things are possibly around in the corners of the internet. The battery did not work and these forums were great on how to replace the battery. I did not really find any current pics of the battery replacement so I posted some here in case it will help anybody who needs a battery change.

Battery Change.
1 - The black outer cover basically snaps off easily.
2- There is an inner clear plastic piece covering the buttons with about 10 tiny tabs. This took a while so that I did not break the cover or tabs. I used a tiny thin screw driver to gently pry each one. Then work my way around. There is a small silicone bead in there as well. This made it slightly more difficult. Some posts say to use a hairdryer to soften the plastic so it does not break.
3 - I lifted our the buttons an on the back was a 2032 coin battery.
4- Changed the battery, worked fine and reassembled.
5- Programming to the car was a breeze and works great.
6- I placed in the gas tank door as recommended with previous posts.

Part Number - 999KE-AR000

Attachments

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
More Pics

Attachments

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OEM Frontier Seat Covers Installed

Found a set used, but I think they were never installed. They were super clean! Nice little OEM Mod. They went on fairly easy, but for some reason the driver cover is super tight and fits better. The passenger cover for the back of the seat is loose, maybe it has something to do with the folding seat.

Part #999N4-BR002

Attachments

1 - 20 of 57 Posts