Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought these headers 12 months ago and have them installed on my 05 NISMO Frontier. I just bought a 2010 Pro 4X (will be delivered next week) that is also a crew cab but is a 4X4. Since I’ve read that NISMO headers are unavailable or not in production anymore, I am contemplating removing my headers and installing them on my new truck. The labor to have this done for both vehicles (swap) is cheaper then buying any other brand not to include the additional installation cost so my questions are as follows:

Is there any difference between either the year model or drive train (4X2 verses 4X4) with regards to the exhaust?

Since these headers are 12 months old with 15K, is it worth swapping them? I’d assume it is since these are good quality headers and I live in Hawaii (no road salt) thoughts?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
they'll swap fine

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
You have 2 choices. Either swap the Nismo's over and keep using the shorties or leave them on the 05 and buy a set of DT long tubes for the '10. Yes it will cost more but may give more power.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You have 2 choices. Either swap the Nismo's over and keep using the shorties or leave them on the 05 and buy a set of DT long tubes for the '10. Yes it will cost more but may give more power.
Are DT long tubes smog legal? I guess my real question is that do they bolt in using the existing cats?

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Are DT long tubes smog legal? I guess my real question is that do they bolt in using the existing cats?
I believe they do eliminate the primary cats but you still have the secondary. You may be able to swap out the secondary's with HF ones and relocate the o2 sensors along with a custom exhaust.

I know a few members have them on their trucks here so it may be worth a search to see exactly what is affect and what needs to be done to fix any problems.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
You can use the DT long tube but you will need to tune it to eliminate CEL from the primary cats being removed.
how specific are the visual inspections out there for all that crap. do you think they would question the long tubes if you don't have a cel. just wondering i know you all have it bad out there in cali. if you can for sure get away with it they the DT long tubes would be the way to go for sure.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks all for the info. Since this truck only has 92 miles on it, I am inclined to go with shorties vice going through the customization involved with HF cats and CEL issues. My CORTEX wont be able to solve those issues and with regards to the DT shorties verses Long Tubes, the only difference seems to be in HP and not TQ. (DT shorties 16HP/28TQ @3000rpm DT long tubes 26HP/23TQ @3500rpm)

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
I would also stick with the shorties since you are set on keeping the Cortex and not upgrading to UpRev. The handhelds can only tune to a certain point and LTs with HFs push the tuner to its limits.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts