Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I installed the nismo catback exhaust on my 06 CC 6sp fronty. I have to admit the fit was perfect the finish is beautiful but I hate the interior drone at 2500 rpm ,around town it sounds pretty cool but on the highway its way too loud for my taste There is no way to make this engine not sound ricey because thats what it is,I listened to almost all the sound clips out there they all sound ok someone had a true duel setup which sounds best but was louder than I was looking for, All the rest just sound ricey I put over a 1000 miles on it now it just got louder Someone described the sound as an 80's chevy V6 with a hole in the muffler a little exstreme but not too far off. I'm not a stranger to loud exhaust I had cherrybombs on my camaro that i liked. I chose the nismo for the fit, stainless steel and what I thought was the lowest tone meaning quietest ,Dont know what i'm gonna do right now might get a resonator or change out the muffler

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
you might wanna let it settle in a little more before making changes. Mine is quiet on the highway and only drones at around 2200 rpms which is easy to stay off of.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,702 Posts
I'd put a resonator on after the muffler. I think that somebody on here put a cherrybomb muffler on for a resonator and was pleased with the sound. good luck
Yes an extra "muffler" like a cherry bomb after the primary muffler will tone it down as far as drone.
I have drone with my dual in dual out Flowmaster, nothing terrible, just enough that you notice it and occasionally are bothered by it.
With dual in dual out though there's no way I'm springing for two cherry bombs, or two resonators, even if they would fit inline.
The performance difference with the CAI and exhaust are worth it to me though.
Keep the stereo up is what I do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts