Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was thinking about getting the nismo exhaust and had some questions about it. Is the y pipe still crimped like the factory one? If so, would the magnaflow y work? What'd be a better move, secondary delete or some hi flows? Sorry if get stupid questions! Not too mechanically inclined..... Yea... Thanks! Best frontier forum!

·
Registered
690 Posts
The Y pipe is much bigger than the stock exhaust. I should have taken some pics before I put it on. I'm sure I could snap a pic from under the truck if you'd like.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That'd be cool eric05mx! How do you like it if you don't mind me asking? Anything you'd change on it?

·
Registered
690 Posts
That'd be cool eric05mx! How do you like it if you don't mind me asking? Anything you'd change on it?
Well, I have only had it on for 4 days now and under normal driving I think it's ok. Has a deeper than stock sound. You can't even really tell the difference at idle. I am just not sure what to think of it at w.o.t. One thing for sure, it is not "really loud" so that's a good thing. I can still hear the intake at all times. My buddy has an 06 Tacoma and took my truck for a ride yesterday and really like's the way it sounds at all rpms and said the truck runs really good. You may love it, I am not a huge fan of having an exhaust on a V6 but I kinda like it. I am going to fill up here in a few days and see how it does for gas mileage. Fit and finish is top notch and it looks like it's built very well.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
here you go

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah def bigger then stock! Real nice! How you think it'd be with some high flow cats?

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Once you start touching the CATS, it is time for UpRev or else your mpg will go completely down the crapper and you may throw some CELs. If you are looking at HF CATS, you might as well just get some headers too. Then why settle for the Nismo exhaust and do a complete dual using a muffler with a built in X-pipe to equal the pressure. This will more then likely get you the best combo but may be a little expensive in the end. RDFronty has a set-up that may be worth looking into.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea, I really like the sound of the nismo though. But the duals and uprev would probably help more in the long run along with uprev. Was eventually gonna do some sort of forced induction. Not sure which yet though...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts