Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  1. What did the early 2nd gen nismo frontiers come with that the other trims didn’t have. Same upgrades as the pro4x basically? Did it have a nismo exhaust? Just curious I don’t see a lot around and it’s interesting that they did a nismo edition truck in the first place- seems more of a sports car trim.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Same exhaust.
Got the Bilsteins in the suspension.
Taller tires
Locking rear axle (even in 2WD models), with the lower gearing.
Leather steering wheel.
Probably more stuff I can't remember from that long ago.

If you wanted a step above the SE model there were 2 ways to go. Luxery route with the LE or the Nismo which was the off-road package.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
  1. What did the early 2nd gen nismo frontiers come with that the other trims didn’t have. Same upgrades as the pro4x basically? Did it have a nismo exhaust? Just curious I don’t see a lot around and it’s interesting that they did a nismo edition truck in the first place- seems more of a sports car trim.
NISMO=Nissan Motorsports.
Equivalent to TRD=Toyota Racing Development

NISMO has always had an offroad racing program. It makes WAY more sense to brand the Trucks Nismo than PRO-4x (which has no historical relevance)

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
Same exhaust.
Got the Bilsteins in the suspension.
Taller tires
Locking rear axle (even in 2WD models), with the lower gearing.
Leather steering wheel.
Probably more stuff I can't remember from that long ago.

If you wanted a step above the SE model there were 2 ways to go. Luxery route with the LE or the Nismo which was the off-road package.
Funny that much of the NISMO trim was interior fluff. Here are some other things I recall
Stiff front springs
Leather wrap shift nob
different upholstery pattern
8-way adjustable seat
sunglass holder
rockford fosgate stereo
different wheels
Nismo Floor mats
Steering wheel controls
Spray in bed lieaner and utilitrac
Skid plates

·
Registered
173 Posts
Funny that much of the NISMO trim was interior fluff. Here are some other things I recall
Stiff front springs
Leather wrap shift nob
different upholstery pattern
8-way adjustable seat
sunglass holder
rockford fosgate stereo
different wheels
Nismo Floor mats
Steering wheel controls
Spray in bed lieaner and utilitrac
Skid plates
adding
CHROME TIP EXHAUST
CHROME MIRRORS
ROOF RACK
POWER SUNROOF
NISMO STICKERS
2 TONE CHEESE GRATER SEAT UPHOLSTERY
REAR LOCKER

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
The grand poobahs at Nissan thought that an off road truck does not qualify as being performance. Thus they removed the Nismo name and replaced it with Pro 4X. Same truck.

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
...and there were actually some 4x2 Pro4X models very early on. Perhaps bringing back the Desert Runner name made sense for these 4x2 models? Worth noting that Desert Runners have never had a factory locker in the rear diff.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
adding
CHROME TIP EXHAUST
CHROME MIRRORS
ROOF RACK
POWER SUNROOF
NISMO STICKERS
2 TONE CHEESE GRATER SEAT UPHOLSTERY
REAR LOCKER
I don't have the sunroof or the rack. Was that a standard Nismo feature on the CC, or was that a different add on.

The grand poobahs at Nissan thought that an off road truck does not qualify as being performance. Thus they removed the Nismo name and replaced it with Pro 4X. Same truck.
If you look through the Nismo parts catalog there are (or use to ) have offroad parts. Back in my hardbody days, I use to own one and they had suspension and skid plates... Nismo still does make parts for our trucks; intake and exhaust come to mind.

But I do agree with you that they did not want to dilute the NISMO brand with offroad inklings. I think the really like the FORD offroad package name and wanted to copy the FX4 badging.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't have the sunroof or the rack. Was that a standard Nismo feature on the CC, or was that a different add on.

If you look through the Nismo parts catalog there are (or use to ) have offroad parts. Back in my hardbody days, I use to own one and they had suspension and skid plates... Nismo still does make parts for our trucks; intake and exhaust come to mind.

But I do agree with you that they did not want to dilute the NISMO brand with offroad inklings. I think the really like the FORD offroad package name and wanted to copy the FX4 badging.
I bet nismo exhaust and intake would sound great- it does on the 370z

·
Registered
173 Posts

I don't remember but I thought it was standard plus my 07 was a 2WD

1 - 11 of 11 Posts