Nissan Frontier Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Alright. Let's have a talk about the headlights homie. Pls explain.
Good catch! I was so mesmerized by the bumper I totally missed the spider eye headlights! Give it up op! Lol.

Reactions: ready-repairs

·
Registered
572 Posts
Good catch! I was so mesmerized by the bumper I totally missed the spider eye headlights! Give it up op! Lol.
It never occured to me to do something like this but after extensive pixel peeping and zooming in and thinking and searching , I think he took something similar to what's in the image, some kind of rectangular housing from/for another vehicle and took the lens off of it, stuffed it into the frontiers headlight housing, and voila. When I get this nismo bumper I will have to look into changing my head lights and this looks to be a huge open possibility of finding some square or rectangle headlight and gutting it to use inside ours. Brilliant. Obviously this is just a random headlight pictures but I am somewhat confident this is the route he went.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do you mind taking another shot from the side but a bit lower? The angle looked kind of funny in the install instructions.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Call me Sherlock , I found em! If these are the ones, that means 4x6 housings fit inside ours... Which opens up so many possibilities. Brilliant. View attachment 331525
Ha! You won't believe how long i searched looking at images on Google trying to find them... Cool find! Well now you'll need to tell us what 3 things are in the cart! Lmao!

·
Registered
29 Posts
The bumper has been out, I ordered one over a month ago and was told recently it could be on back order for another 2-8 months
Yep which is why this is a preorder. It's a popular bumper for sure.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Well you can’t blame it on a chip shortage 😅, for me it’s very discouraging because I already have all the lighting here waiting to be installed. I also have a bunch of other work to do on the truck so I just wanted to get it knocked out. I’ve already been waiting a month, typically with a Offroad bumper the lead time can be 4 to 6 weeks and that’s fine. When I heard another 2-8 months then that’s unrealistic to me, when you have to wait to long for something it’s starts to lose its appeal imo and you second guess the purchase.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Well you can’t blame it on a chip shortage 😅, for me it’s very discouraging because I already have all the lighting here waiting to be installed. I also have a bunch of other work to do on the truck so I just wanted to get it knocked out. I’ve already been waiting a month, typically with a Offroad bumper the lead time can be 4 to 6 weeks and that’s fine. When I heard another 2-8 months then that’s unrealistic to me, when you have to wait to long for something it’s starts to lose its appeal imo and you second guess the purchase.
how i feel about the morimoto headlights :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: mxtreme30

·
Registered
4 Posts
Really like the looks of this bumper. For you guys that have one installed did you notice any front end "drop / sag" from the weight? That has been my only fear on replacing the bumper but this one is lighter than all the ones I found (other than that one aluminum one). From what I have been reading it is 105 ish LBS then been looking at a 72 ish LBS winch. So about 175 ish LBS. I have a pro 4 x which has the Bilstein Shocks not sure if that will help with the weight or not.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
It's a really nice bumper. I receive alot of compliments on it, from both truck guys and non truck guys. Anyways, to answer your question, there was no front end sag. I also have the Pro 4x w Bilstein but at 28k, they are still like new.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the quick response, that is what I was hoping to hear.
Mine is still fairly new only 45k on it so far. Had to get me another Frontier after my son stole my 2008 SE when ne got his license.
Well know what I will be shopping for online tomorrow during lunch break.😂 Hope I can find one in stock somewhere. I "need" it now that I learn of their existence.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
😅 . I hear ya. Well, I hope you find one in stock. Another member ordered his right after he saw this post and it's been on backorder. Think he said 2 to 8 months.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dear covid, you've done a lot of this and that and I haven't said much. I've kept my cool. I've kept my opinion to myself. But this is it. Gas is almost 3$ , and I can't find a bumper in stock that I want. That's it. I've had enough.
So true, no luck yet but still on the hunt. Afraid I may end up like Elmer Fudd and be empty handed.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts