Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
This is one of the best one I have seen. OP: Can you please post some more pictures from the side if possible.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Interested in this as well, what lights did you go with ?, I feel like they could have fit at least a 10'' light bar in there and the Cubes seems to be limited in size as well.

Any pics of the lights being mounted?, curious to see how the mounting points are configured.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is one of the best one I have seen. OP: Can you please post some more pictures from the side if possible.
Sure thing, here are some pics. A few things to note. 1. The oem bumper, as perfectly good as it may be, needs to be cut (Easy work with a dremel). 2. The oem fender splash shields either need to be trimmed or if you would like to retain splash blocking, then you could use a heat gun to mold the shield, re purpose with bolt hardware to secure onto the bumper with existing holes by the fog brackets. 3. The biggest issue that I encountered is that the pro4x oem engine skid plate won't bolt on to the bottom of the bumper. However, it can be done with either some drilling of the steel bumper. Or I think it's easier to drill holes on the oem skid plate to match up with the existing bumper holes. Besides the small snags I ran into, overall I'm happy with it. The quality is fantastic, looks oem ish lol. And overall looks mean.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interested in this as well, what lights did you go with ?, I feel like they could have fit at least a 10'' light bar in there and the Cubes seems to be limited in size as well.

Any pics of the lights being mounted?, curious to see how the mounting points are configured.
The bumper accommodates a 10 inch light bar. The inside brackets that hold it are 12" apart. The fog squares are actually a pretty good size. Nissan says they hold 4" cubes, and actual hole size is 3.5 x 4.5. My 4" cubes are 3.1 x 3.8. I need to adjust them because they are sunken in. I also bought a pigtail so that they could plug n play into the oem fog harness.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Thanks for the Info, not sure why they have it listed as excepting a 6” light bar. And I was pulling the fog measurements off there listing. Sucks I can’t transfer over my SS3 fogs, I will need something similar in output from Rigid.
Also you can see in the pic below they also have 2 pods attached up top, are there mounting holes or most likely they drilled to mount them ?

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the Info, not sure why they have it listed as excepting a 6” light bar. And I was pulling the fog measurements off there listing. Sucks I can’t transfer over my SS3 fogs, I will need something similar in output from Rigid.
Also you can see in the pic below they also have 2 pods attached up top, are there mounting holes or most likely they drilled to mount them ? View attachment 329828
No problem. I have read 6" as well as 10" idk why. The 3.5x4.5 measurements are what the actual cutout measure. The pic you included are the measurements of the inside bracket, but I wouldn't go by exactly by those measurements. Oh, yes, my other concern is like you said, the spot lights. Sucks that there's no holes 😕. I ordered a clamp, like the ones for the hood. Trying to avoid drilling a hole if all possible. It looks like they could clamp on to the open area on top. But I have to wait till they arrive to be sure.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Are you guys paying listed retail msrp on these bumpers or getting a deal through the dealers? I noticed one dealer in Iowa or some such had them for like $200 off all the other dealer sites...
Inquiring minds need to know. Just don't tell the misses! Lol

Reactions: ranismo18

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Are you guys paying listed retail msrp on these bumpers or getting a deal through the dealers? I noticed one dealer in Iowa or some such had them for like $200 off all the other dealer sites...
Inquiring minds need to know. Just don't tell the misses! Lol
I feel ya, lol. Where im at in Texas, the dealer had it at 1200. Picked it up there so I didn't pay shipping and so I could inspect it before I took it. They wanted to give it to me in a pallet and I told them to take it off. Fit in the Fronty bed on the extender pretty secure. It's worth every penny even at retail. Even with the snags I ran into. I would have bought it still even if I knew all this beforehand.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you see the best price then please post it lol
Fred Haas and HGreg Nissan have them the cheapest right now at $1148.85. Shipping to your home is pretty cheap. To my home it was $60.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Fred Haas and HGreg Nissan have them the cheapest right now at $1148.85. Shipping to your home is pretty cheap. To my home it was $60.
Oh, and the Nismo performance parts don't qualify for any discounts. Believe me, I've tried, Dad owns a shop and gets discounted parts. So basically price is whatever the dealer is asking.

·
Registered
354 Posts
TY i will prob pull the trigger on Monday, just going over some more details on it.

Another dealer wanted $200 for shipping, i can imagine since its so heavy.

·
Registered
354 Posts
No tax as well 😀, not easy to tell in the pics but does it offer any protection for the lower portion of the radiator ?. And any plans for a oil pan skid plate ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No tax as well 😀, not easy to tell in the pics but does it offer any protection for the lower portion of the radiator ?. And any plans for a oil pan skid plate ?
Sorry bud, but when I bought mine, I also thought there was no tax. Until you check out 😕.
It offers some protection for radiator. The bumper slants down.
I mostly hit trails and dunes, no rock climbing so I think the stock plate is still useful, therefore I'm going to modify my stock one so that it fits the bumper.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Sorry bud, but when I bought mine, I also thought there was no tax. Until you check out 😕.
It offers some protection for radiator. The bumper slants down.
I mostly hit trails and dunes, no rock climbing so I think the stock plate is still useful, therefore I'm going to modify my stock one so that it fits the bumper.
That extra tax always hurts, I will post up tomorrow once the order is in. I also wonder if the 3” SS3 pods will work in the fog locations. I was thinking of the P&P engineering or Shrockworks oil skid plate.

Would you have a pic of how the cubes mounted on the bumper, the Rigid and SS3 look like they would mount up the same.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That extra tax always hurts, I will post up tomorrow once the order is in. I also wonder if the 3” SS3 pods will work in the fog locations. I was thinking of the P&P engineering or Shrockworks oil skid plate.

Would you have a pic of how the cubes mounted on the bumper, the Rigid and SS3 look like they would mount up the same.
Both those skid plates look like they fit. The SS3 and Rigid cubes will mount up perfectly. To me it seems like the bracket was meant for the Rigid pods. Even looks like you can use side mount cubes.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts