1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
It would force me to get a full-size next. For what I do the size is just right, but can't go any smaller.

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
Hey, I like the sounds of it. Maybe it will start a trend.

·
Registered
845 Posts
What, is it gonna look like.... a "Cube" cab with a bed on it?

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I just wish my truck was a little closer to the ground so I wouldn't have to climb up into it. When I was young I climbed up into semis without a problem but as I age it isn't as easy. I really don't want a smaller bed though, this one is just right for 95% of what I haul.

I could probably do with a smaller engine, but I like this one the way it is. If gasoline gets waaay expensive again as I am sure it will, then I might consider a 4 cylinder.

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
if its inbetween gen 1 and 2 size maybe but I'm a big guy, 6'4" and the frontier was a little small for me then. I love the ram but would really like to have a frontier again if they make it smaller i'll just stay in the full size market.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
YES!!!!!!!

That's what I'm talking bout, HAIL YES!!!!

:):):):):)I'll even wait an extra year to get one!!!:):):):):)

:fantastic::nana::hi::fantastic::fantastic:

·
Registered
936 Posts
Yes, Nissan had better pay attention to the smaller truck market with Mihandri from India bringing in their small diesel truck in the next year or two. They might even want to consider building a hybrid diesel or gas engined compact size or smaller pick up. A lot of any demand will depend on where gas prices and diesel fuel prices go.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Sounds good to me. Wonder if Toyota will follow with the next Tacoma?

·
Registered
428 Posts
I can see their reasoning, but for me it would be the last push to go full-size. Hopefully that means a Titan, but it will depend what they bring with the next gen one.

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
a good idea would be a small frontier with a 4cyl 4x4, or a small diesel 4x4 available with a longbed, crew cab, etc., but keep a larger frontier line as well.

·
Super Moderator
12,703 Posts
Ah hell no!
This is the perfect size truck for my needs.
Lots of power and room to spare with the crew cab.
They shrink them back and I'll be looking elsewhere.
They better consider the full market or they will lose people that came from the "big truck" world into a Japanese truck.
The Frontier and the Tacoma are perfect sized for the average truck owner.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
To me the 2nd gen is perfect in size. I also am a bear of a man so I don't think I'd fit in a smaller truck too well. And please don't take 2 inches of leg room from the back seat! The only plus I can see is that it would fit through trails better and be easier to drive around town.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
I would love to see them bring back a compact truck. I just hope it's not the Gen1 frontier like what they did in Australia

·
Registered
214 Posts
nope

the frontier is about the smallest they should go.

technicaly there are really two things they should be concerned about. the room for the driver and passenger and the fullest sized bed they can get away with.

most people i know want a truck for the hauling and towing and 4x4 capabilites.

WHAT THEY REALLY SHOULD DO IS SUCK IT UP AND BUILD THEIR WHOLE LINE UP OF VEHICLES TO HAVE +30MPG!!!!!!!

that would attract more buyers to the products they all have now. and that statement goes for ALL manufacturers.

and i dont want to hear it!!! THE TECHNOLOGY IS THERE THEY CHOOSE NOT TO USE IT!

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
just like they killed the EV1 project in the 80's it is all about the gas companies.

I support a small diesel like that VW one that has a thread about it on here. But i would never buy anything the size of a ranger.... they should keep the frontier like it is but with some more engine options(to fill the needs of those who seek better mpg). I agree that the frontier is just the right size, i can haul my boat, camper, and still have a truck that looks nice, has ok mpg, and is manuverable.

Just build a new line of trucks nissan.

·
Registered
214 Posts
nah

ok.

someone is upset
i'm good. i am just frustrated. like the other guy said its about gas companies and big business money.

when i was a teen, i went to my public library and looked up patents. i found one for a carburetor that was able to get 50-100mpg. there were designs and everything. only problem was someone had purchased the rights and it was not up for renewal for a few years. we could make one for ourselves, but could not mass produce it due to patent laws.

guess who owned the patent. a car company. guess who bought it when it came up for renewal? not sure but probably another car company.

the health care system is the same way.

if you have enough money to "contribute" to the correct person in government, then you can get what you want and influence your beliefs on many others, right or wrong. thats called being a "lobbyist".

i could go on but i wont

·
Registered
578 Posts
Im all for making the frontier smaller. Mpgs will be better, it would be better off road, and easier to drive. I personally could care less about them making the back seat a little smaller. If people are gonna ride with you and not drive themselves who cares if they have a ton of leg room. if they could do a first gen size in a 4x4 with about 30mpgs i would be all over it

1 - 20 of 87 Posts