Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They haven't released many details, but I didn't see any recent discussions of the recent news. Any speculations?

I just brought my 2015 in for its last warranty repair check (about to hit 60k), and I was approached by a salesman who wanted to give me a buy-back estimate. I told him that I'm not considering anything else until the next generation drops (and even then, I'll probably wait a few years for them to iron out the wrinkles), but he could go ahead and give me a price estimate. I am considering the next generation if the specs are worth it.

I'm hoping it is a ground-up re-design, I've never been a fan of the bubbly D23, the D40 is a much more handsome truck, even if it is 14 years old. You have to consider, if they do adopt the D23, say, in 2019, it will already be a 5+ year old, outdated design.

I'm also really holding out for a Diesel version that can do 7500+lb towing.

·
Premium Member
12,049 Posts
with how "midsized" of a truck they are, i doubt you will see over 7k. actually i bet they are shooting for 7k since the 05 model was rated at 6500 for certain versions.

i just wish they wouldnt **** with the outside of it. i love how they look, but i feel its going to get railroaded into 2018-2019 hard.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I was hoping that a thread titled "Next-Gen Frontier Finally Announced" would actually contain some news about the next-generation Frontier - Or at least a link to the actual announcement.

Once again, I am disappointed.

Reactions: Cburt

·
Premium Member
12,049 Posts
i love that its made such a long run. years and years to come of cheap *** frontier parts. caaaaaaaaaaant waaaaaaaaaaaait.

·
Super Moderator
3,188 Posts
I heard that Mercedes Benz is putting out their version of the Frontier around 2020, although it may not be available in the US. I've heard both 2018 and 2019 as the release year of the next gen Frontier in the US. I'm still banking on that it'll be heavily-based on the NP300 Navara. It's already set-up for a diesel engine and Nissan has a tendency to be a little "behind the ball" design-wise. At least if they do use the NV300, we can hope that they have most of the bugs worked out of it by the time they start making them in the US.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
with how "midsized" of a truck they are, i doubt you will see over 7k. actually i bet they are shooting for 7k since the 05 model was rated at 6500 for certain versions.

i just wish they wouldnt **** with the outside of it. i love how they look, but i feel its going to get railroaded into 2018-2019 hard.
The current Frontier has really aged well. Still one of the best looking trucks. My guess is they'll probably up at to 7000 lb to keep up with the Colorado and the Tacoma. If they go with a diesel version, they'll probably also keep up with the Colorado diesel which is 7700 lb. Even the 2017 and 2018 Frontier got a tiny boost in towing capacity.
I hope they don't "pathfinder" the new Frontier, and turn it into a car with a bed.
Oh God. I call the Pathfinder the Derp-mobile. Ugly ***, wall-eyed minivan, the next evolution of the Mallfinder.

I was hoping that a thread titled "Next-Gen Frontier Finally Announced" would actually contain some news about the next-generation Frontier - Or at least a link to the actual announcement.

Once again, I am disappointed.
Unfortunately, that's all that is in the news. All they did was confirm that they're going to replace the D40. I'm just hoping that it is a decent, masculine-looking truck with good Tow and payload ratings.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Lol, yes the current new Pathfinder is really not worthy of that name is it. I love the older ones. On the other hand I do believe we will see the Navara. And it will come over with its diesel package. I just bought a 17. And was told by the product manager of the dealership I was that. That in his dealers meeting for the district. That that is what is coming the one from Europe but it may be a slightly bigger version. But this was also in a conversation after I signed the dotted line. So take that with a grain of salt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,188 Posts
I think the biggest problem with the current Pathy is the name. If they retired the Pathfinder name and called the current edition the "Murano XL," Pathfinder owners wouldn't hate on it as much as they do now. Now, that said, even if they did call it "Murano XL," I still wouldn't want one and it will still be a big CUV with the ton of problems that causes it to always rank last in its class on Consumer Reports ratings.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I am just hoping the new Frontier will not grow in size. One of the reasons I purchased the 16 Pro 4x is it is smaller than the GMC twins or Toyota Tacoma.

·
Premium Member
5,875 Posts
Wow clickbait on that title for another useless thread LOL

Reactions: Knife141

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
Stirring the pot:

There will never be a Gen 3 Frontier...
:surprise::serious:

...........................until there is.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
This is even more worthless then the posts about the new frontier spotted on the road, which happens to be a Mexican NP300 right down the the Mexican license plates that was bought at a dealer in Mexico.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I made my purchase decision on 3 factors....Price Price and Price. How much they gonna jack up the MSRP is the only thing I need to see. Aint no way in hell I'm spending 40 grand on a truck off the lot.

Ever.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am just hoping the new Frontier will not grow in size. One of the reasons I purchased the 16 Pro 4x is it is smaller than the GMC twins or Toyota Tacoma.
Right there with ya. I can fit my fronty everywhere, park it on a dime, etc. I max out this truck, and the only reason I don't buy a 1500/2500 is because I don't want to park a 1500/2500.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Right there with ya. I can fit my fronty everywhere, park it on a dime, etc. I max out this truck, and the only reason I don't buy a 1500/2500 is because I don't want to park a 1500/2500.
That's one of the primary reasons I bought my Nissan- small and had the tightest turning radius of all the trucks I was considering. I could have afforded a full size, my work would have justified one, but I just did NOT want to suffer with one.

If they end up making all the small trucks big, I predict it's only a matter of time before some manufacturer smartens up and offers a small truck again- it may go against all they believe right now about CAFE regulations and people like sitting up high and blah blah blah, but there's a market that hasn't gone away. BMW brought out the 1 series, a throw-back to the 3 series of old- some people want light, agile, fun vehicles, and that isn't going to change (think Mini Cooper, Beetle, Fiat 500). It may be another ten years before we see it, but you heard it here first! A retro Datsun pickup with tie-down hooks around the bed . . . ?

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
Oh God. I call the Pathfinder the Derp-mobile. Ugly ***, wall-eyed minivan, the next evolution of the Mallfinder.
Lol, yes the current new Pathfinder is really not worthy of that name is it. I love the older ones.
I think the biggest problem with the current Pathy is the name. If they retired the Pathfinder name and called the current edition the "Murano XL," Pathfinder owners wouldn't hate on it as much as they do now. Now, that said, even if they did call it "Murano XL," I still wouldn't want one and it will still be a big CUV with the ton of problems that causes it to always rank last in its class on Consumer Reports ratings.
A friend of mine has a new Pathy. Agreed that it should not be called a Pathfinder. It however is a nice AWD mini van. Way larger IMO that a CUV. Murano XL would have been a good name.

Wow clickbait on that title for another useless thread LOL
Click bait ehhh.

I think you have won the title of Mr Clickbait, Mr GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS

·
Premium Member
5,875 Posts
Click bait ehhh.

I think you have won the title of Mr Clickbait, Mr GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS
At least mine goes to something that actually exists ::laugh::

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
At least mine goes to something that actually exists ::laugh::
Love it. I have actually clicked on it several times before realizing where it went. Now I click on it to read your build thread, and still get a little giggle every time I do.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Next-Gen Frontier

There has to be some truth to the rumor....While waiting for oil change at my local dealer, I spoke to a friend and longtime manager at the dealership. As we talked, the subject came up and although he didn't have a ton of information, he did mention an exterior overhaul and a turbo 4cyl. Similar information coming from different parts of the country is either viable info or a very well executed conspiracy on Nissan's part.

1 - 20 of 239 Posts