Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well with 217k+ miles and about 2 lbs oil pressure at idle after warm up, it's time to do it.
Found an 80k engine for 2g. Unfortunately I have a bum knee, so I'll have to have it installed. Another 2k'ish, but the truck still looks good and I would rather buy my wife a new car first. As long as I can get another 5-6 yrs out of this truck, I'll be happy.

·
Registered
183 Posts
That's what I plan on doing! After a lot of reading of guys daily driving fj80s and 60-62s. It's easily done if you take care of your vehicle. And the most important thing is never tie into your stock wiring harness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,128 Posts
Toss in a VK56 instead?
>:D

Reactions: mo4130

·
Registered
934 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've thought about that, but sourcing a Titan 4x4 locally for a reasonable price is not working out. Also the v8 swap is not a bolt in and I can't do it for several months. The v6 is enough power for my needs and a faster swap.

·
Super Moderator
11,264 Posts
Good luck , hopes it done fast and no issues.

Clint

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good luck , hopes it done fast and no issues.

Clint
Thanks
Me too
That's always in the back of my mind. The shop I use is extremely honest and fair. The ONLY shop I would take a vehicle to.

I sent my son there for a front end alignment, it turned out he needed new control arm bushing. He didn't have the money. The shop owner did the work and told him to pay when he could.

That earns my trust and respect.

·
Super Moderator
11,264 Posts
That's a nice thing to hear. It's also safer for him to drive now as opposed to saving and wearing out a tire at the same time.
See, there are still decent people with integrity out there.

Clint

·
Super Moderator
3,691 Posts
I just wonder if a new engine is actually needed. Even 200,000 miles in not a lot on a VQ engine. If the engine isn't burning oil, knocking or smoking, the engine may be fixable. A compression test should be performed. Oil pressure loss could be attributed to failed seals on the back of the rear timing cover or a failing oil pump. Neither, is an easy repair, but just food for thought, that's all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts