Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:hi: Hi all.
just come across this on the net and thort i would join.just got me a D40 about 6 month ago.few mods 40ml lift and a change of rims.just sorting out a few problems with the camber after lifting the truck as it has no more adjustment and stuck with + camber of 1'. dam these Trucks have the worst suspention setup.
Been in the engineering trade for the last 15 years so im sure i figure some thing out.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Welcome to CF.

Can you get camber adjustment bolts in OZ?

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Wecome to CF!

Dealer parts dept. should have "Camber bolts".. Also called/used as "crash bolts" to correct chassis damage after collisions.

G/L!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have found camber bolts and bushings that replace the old bushes and are off set.found out that the springs that where sent to me where 60ml insted of the 35 40.
aparently you can goto 35ml lift with out any problems but after that your stufft.Got new springs on the way and might even get the bushes just incase.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Hey Mr D40 welcome to the party
Obviously you have the same setup as mine and no front Camber Bolt.
I have on order a new set of UCA (Upper control arms) from PRG in the US that are fully adjustable and should remedy all your issues.

Upper Control Arms

and just as a teaser
Fully rebuildable fully height adjustable front Shocks with iback springs

Yes this gear costs a sheckle or 2 however fully rebuildable means you can use them for the life of the truck sorta deal whereas some other shocks are a disposable item.
Food for thought!

PRG Products

·
Registered
169 Posts
Welcome - hope you enjoy playing with the ute. Plenty of good info and advice available here from people that have already made the same mistakes you could make!

Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Mr D40 welcome to the party
Obviously you have the same setup as mine and no front Camber Bolt.
I have on order a new set of UCA (Upper control arms) from PRG in the US that are fully adjustable and should remedy all your issues.

Upper Control Arms

PRG Products

Verry cool.just wondering what these adjustable pupys cost you to land. White line have some but they are not adjustable and would still requier cuting and rewelding to get the camber back in.To much stuffing around. but these look good.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Ok just did the rough conversion and your looking at $730 Aus to buy the arms . Shipping is the killer but there are aways ways around this if your interested .Just a heads up there are at present no after market bush's for our UCA and Nissan sells them at $500+ per side as a replacement item.So over a grand and still non adjustable and will wear out again or $730 and all moving bits are replaceable at low cost .
Now that being said Total Chaos also does an UCA that is reported to already be set to the correct camber for 50mm lift . It uses original Ball Joint and aftemarket greasable bushes but is non adjustable.
Thats about our only 2 choices unless you wish to slot the holes in the chassis and install camber bolts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I contacted wholesale suspention in Blacktown and they can get in the bushings that are adjustable at around $350 a set of 4 :fantastic:
I was just about to buy them when he said he will get King to make me a custom set of springs to suit that are 15mm lower than te ones they sold me that should fix the problem.I might even get the bushes for the hell of it.

Oh and i got the part number from this forum
Fulcrum Australia
Part No SFP 3024XK
lets hope they work

·
Registered
5,563 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
o.k.
Is the hole in the bush round and dose it come with the bolts.I would of thort that there would of been bolts with 1 flat side and a hole to suit.So when you turned the bolt it would spin the bush around?

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
My understanding is that the metal tube in the bush is not in the center of the bush and thats how they do the offset adjustment

The bolts used are thew factory bolts and not the type your discribing

1 - 14 of 14 Posts