Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all.
just started on this page and i hope to get a lot of info.

things look nice as i surf around.

anyhoo, i have a 2004 frontier crew cab w/longbed and supercharger.
my question is , is there anyone having concerns about the frontiers shifting into overdrive.

mine does but in some instances i have to wait 1/2 mile or more at a steady speed for it to realize that 4500rpms at 70mph is not right and it should kick down into OD.

i come from an extensive background of automechanics and know in some older style trannies (regardless of the vehicle) by backing off on the pedal at cruising speed will "trick" tranny into shifting. i have to do that with my truck. i will do 65-70 and try to maintain a constant speed waiting for it to kick to OD. i have removed my foot from the pedal completely and watched the RPMS drop to 1500-2000 and truck slows. i replace foot to maintian crusing speed and the RPMS shoot right back to 4000-4500. then maybe it realizes it should shift to OD.

i have been complaining to the dealership aboutit and they dont believe me. they want me to drop everything i do the moment it happen and bring it in to them. not very convenient for me.

anyone else having or heard of any thing like this? :cry:

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I had that problem with another truck, not my frontier. They ended up ordering two tranny's the first one they messed up upon install, and the second one went in and worked pretty well afterwards. Hope this helps!

PS Welcome and Enjoy!

·
Registered
112 Posts
welcome i have an 05 frontier and dont have any problem at all with mine. how many miles is on your truck? have you checked the tranny fluid to see if it is low or really dirty?

·
Registered
361 Posts
I'm with burley, check the fluid level. Also, how long since last service?

If you don't get satisfaction from one dealer, go to another. Also, fire off a letter to the division HQ.

And welcome to our little party.

·
Registered
225 Posts
welcome!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts