Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone-
I purchased a new 08 frontier KC SE 5-spd last march and have been lurking around this forum for a while getting some useful information and such....

Anyways I've run into a bit of a problem with the electrical system in my truck, specifically the air-conditioning system. The dealership has been helpful for the most part, but after repeated vists they have been unable to solve the problem. I was hoping someone else in here may have had the same issue and fixed the problem.

The problem first arose around May 08. I noticed that the air conditioner would simply stop working after a few minutes, and then would work once the truck was shut off, and restarted. There seemed to be no pattern or explanation. It would simply occasionally work, and occasionally not. I took it to the dealership, fully expecting a simple loose connection or faulty relay somewhere in the system. Here's how the trips to the dealership have gone so far:

1st visit (during routine servicing)- Could not isolate problem in set timeframe
2nd visit-could not duplicate, appears to be working (it wasnt)
3rd visit- not a problem with the switch, probably a body control module problem, no BCM in stock
4th visit- Right box, but wrong BCM was sent in it. HOWEVER, simply detaching and reconnecting original BCM appears to have solved the problem. (it didn't)
I should include it was a few months before my next visit, and the manager i had been working with called and left a message saying they could not hold on to the BCM in their inventory indefinately..

5th visit (few months later, new service manager) Still suspect BCM and "happen to have one in stock", replace and "appears to be working".(it's not)

Any ideas? Also, after they installed the new BCM during the most recent visit, I noticed the preset stations on my radio were still there and the cd in the changer was at the same spot I had left it, which suggests to me that the battery was never disconnected. I thought that disconnecting the battery was part of replacing electrical system components, but I may be wrong.
Thanks!

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
I know its a pain, but keep hounding the dealer for repairs.

You're not Wally are you?

He's got a place not far from me.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Welcome to the club! 06nismo is right, you just have to keep bugging the dealer until they fix it. It can be a pain but don't let them push you around. If you have another nissan dealership within reach you can always take it to them and see if they do any better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts