Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2010 Frontier SE 4X4 King cab. I have a couple questions I am hoping you guys can help me out with.

#1 What is a leveling kit? Is this just something for the front to make the truck sit level? Is that why Rancho only sells quick lift shocks for the front end?

#2 What is the max tire size I can fit running stock?

#3 If I installed the quick lift shocks what would the max tire size be?

#4 Will running larger tires throw off the speedometer?

Thanks for the help!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
I just bought a 2010 Frontier SE 4X4 King cab. I have a couple questions I am hoping you guys can help me out with.

#1 What is a leveling kit? Is this just something for the front to make the truck sit level? Is that why Rancho only sells quick lift shocks for the front end? techinically speaking yes, a leveling kit is supposed to counter the factory stance with the tilt to the front (bed up) but most are 3" lifts which puts the nose up more than the rear. i'd recommend just looking for a 3" lift in general, either coil spacers (the cheap way) or lift coilovers (the expensive way) and shackles and/or add-a-leaf for the rear

#2 What is the max tire size I can fit running stock? 33's can be run stock if you can stand the rubbing and do some trimming of the plastics in the wheel liners, i run 32's (265/75/16) with no rubbing at all, that is the stock size for NISMO/Pro4x models

#3 If I installed the quick lift shocks what would the max tire size be? still 33's for most, you can go bigger but not much need and lots of rubbing would ensue

#4 Will running larger tires throw off the speedometer? not by much, my speedometer is off 1mph at 60mph, which is so small it's unnoticeable

Thanks for the help!!!!!!!!!
welcome to the club :hi:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome and thanks for the info! Basically I just want it high enough to put on some big silly muddin' tires. Always wanted a truck like that too bad it took me 30 years to be able to afford it.

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
do you have a saw/grinder can always make room for big tires

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
lol yea that's one way to do it, cut the :censor: out of it and slap em on there

1 - 5 of 5 Posts