Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys just bought a new d40 4x4 diesel auto white!
got a set of 20x10 rockstars in black with 33" toyo open country m/ts on them on there way which i picked up from westcoast wheel factory for a great deal and i guess what i am needing is some lift info i want to go big 6 to 7 Inch + i seen this memebers truck and loved it IslandRaised808 does anyone no what the truck is running and where i can get it?

i would like a 6 inch suspension lift and 2-3 inch body lift is this out there for more d40?

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Welcome to CF.

Have you installed the wheels to see if the fit?

Fabtech makes a 6" lift.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey mike no i have not fitted the wheels yet there still on there way by sea freight i know i will have to cut some of the inner guard cause of the -25 offset but with the lift i want they should be fine.

i will check out the fabtech kit i noticed you had a 3" body lift was this easy to install how do bumpers and everything look afterwards i was also wondering about transmisssion shifter height and other things that are effect by the body height being raised?

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
i will check out the fabtech kit i noticed you had a 3" body lift was this easy to install how do bumpers and everything look afterwards i was also wondering about transmisssion shifter height and other things that are effect by the body height being raised?
Most of the 3" body is easy. It comes with relocation brackets for the bumpers. The rear bumper relocation bracket is the hard part of the lift. You would be better off having an after-market bumper made.

·
Registered
551 Posts
you may have to do some diy fab for the 3" body lift in regards to the fuel filler hose (looks like it might be ok as its still got some room left after a 2" bl) and possibly the radiator hoses. The reason why i say diy is because the off the shelf kits i know of are for the gasoline motor powered D40's.

All of the diff drop bracket lifts i see members on here with usually complain about their construction. The only one that does not seem to have an issue with quality or strength is the SLR or now PRG (if i remember reading correctly) drop bracket which you would have to wait a little while longer on. If you do not do any serious offroading however the Fabtech and Calmini ones should be fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you may have to do some diy fab for the 3" body lift in regards to the fuel filler hose (looks like it might be ok as its still got some room left after a 2" bl) and possibly the radiator hoses. The reason why i say diy is because the off the shelf kits i know of are for the gasoline motor powered D40's.

All of the diff drop bracket lifts i see members on here with usually complain about their construction. The only one that does not seem to have an issue with quality or strength is the SLR or now PRG (if i remember reading correctly) drop bracket which you would have to wait a little while longer on. If you do not do any serious offroading however the Fabtech and Calmini ones should be fine.
Thanks for that info guys looks like it will be a drop down kit and a 2" BL!!

It will see the beach or bush on the odd occasion but mainly be to tow my race tralier and cruise the coast roads so this should be stronger enough for what it will be doing.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Welcome and enjoy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts