Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Newbie wants his frontier lifted

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  06_footy 
#1 ·
I would like to left my 06 4x2 cc se about 3 inches. Does the rear have to be less than 3 inches? Or can I have back and front lifted 3 inches?

I would like to spend less than 500 dollars on the lift as well. So this includes a pro installing it. Unless i can find someone here in San Diego that can do it for me cheaper.

I am also taking my truck on a road trip this sat from california to Chicago and staying there for good. Is it a good idea to drive 2k + in a lifted truck? Would I ruin the suspension if I go with the cheaper lift <500 dollars? Would I see significant decrease in mpg lifted? Last is it a bad idea to lift my truck in Chicago weather?

#2 ·
you are only going to get about 2" for $500. its not going to change the ride much. mpg will always suffer. check the suspension sticky at the top of the 2nd gen section.

#3 ·
go look at prgproducts.com i got a 3in lift for the front and 2in in the back for under 300.... spacers and blocks was what i got. good quality and easy install. but it left me wanting more haha

kind of a waste, cant notice much difference... go get a fabtech lift!!!

#5 · (Edited)
what the reason why people lift their front higher than the back?

So Im interested in these

PRG 3" Spacer Kit PRG Products.com
3" Lift Spacer Front / 2" Tapered Lift Block Rear

What does it mean by "High Potential for coil bucket contact when suspension reaches full droop. " Is this from off roading or just normal driving? Good idea if Im driving to chicago from California?

What type of equipment would you need to install these spacers? Thanks -Mike

#7 ·
Keep an eye on the BST section... guys change things up all the time; mine might be out there soon...

Install is pretty straight forward, just make sure you have all the parts and tools ready.

#9 ·
yo will have to have the truck re-aligned afterwards... i have put 4000 miles on my lift(still havent had mine aligned) with no problems. Killing the thread on my tires since they are mis aligned. went on a trip to indiana which was 2000miles there and back, no problems. no experience in snow though

#10 ·
I didnt align mine either for about 2k miles and it was fine. I didnt have any wobble in the suspension or sway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.