Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Which truck to Convert to Fritan?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All, I am a Civil Engineer from upstate SC and I am a pround owner of a 2005 Nismo 4x2 frontier with the electronic locking Diff. The truck is mainly stock except for a bug gaurd, raingaurds, off road stubby antenna, class IV hitch/ reciever and a painted factory roof rack. I have had to replace the transmission due to the mixing of the tranny fluids(OMG that was Expensive) but it is performing better than ever.I want to perform upgrades but it is my daily driver so nothing too extreme for this one
(maybe significant horsepower increase). any suggestions welcome!

I also own a 2005 XE frontier with 5 speed transmission that I purchased before the Nismo I hope to convert the 4 banger into a FRITAN (motor/drivetrain and suspension swap if possible) any information on how to start and prepare would be great.

I hope everone is having a fantastic day and I look forward to being part of the community.
::smile::

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
Omg I love the color of your Nismo. They look great man!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THANKS! I have only seen one other this color in my area. I believe most frontiers this color had issues with the paint flaking off the primer. This one had that problem when I purchased it. The dealer had to completely repaint it twice. First time they just sanded and resprayed and a year later it was flaking again. The second time the dealer painted it they sanded it down to metal re-primed and then repainted. I have no issues now just a Rare colored Nismo. Thanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts