Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found this forum and look forward to member's advice. I just purchased a 2000, 4X4, 4DR, SEV6 in excellent condition with low miles. I'm not very mechanically inclined so I would appreciate your patience. I want to know the simplest, least expensive way to lift the front of the truck 2" (to level it with the back height) Also if someone could tell me the tallest, widest tire I could run on the truck with the factory 16" wheels and no other modification other than the slight lift in the front. The top of the wheel well is currently 33" in the back and 31" in the front. Thank in advance for any advice you can give.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Not to sound like a jack**s but mot folks just roll there eyes when a first post is "how do I lift my truck"? There are so many posts and "stickies" on these forums about the topic .... all one needs to do is search

Here's a link that will help you ..... enjoy the knowledge on these forums!
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f46/1st-gen-faq-please-read-add-input-21534/

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought a 2000 extended cab SE 4x4 v6 as well and was trying to decide what the best way to level out my truck was, but lifts for these 1st gen frontiers aren't cheap I eventually ended up cranking the torsion bars which leveled the truck perfectly I didn't notice any Increase in stiffness or any of the other concerns that earn Torsion bar cranks a bad rep I think it rides better Actually. just make sure you get an alignment as everyone knows the t-bar crank turns your tires in and accelerates uneven wear. Takes about 30 minutes in your drive way to do. Currently running 33,s with the T-bar crank and 3 inch lift kit.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Not to sound like a jack**s but mot folks just roll there eyes when a first post is "how do I lift my truck"? There are so many posts and "stickies" on these forums about the topic .... all one needs to do is search

Here's a link that will help you ..... enjoy the knowledge on these forums!
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f46/1st-gen-faq-please-read-add-input-21534/
^Yeah I agree with this dude but I also agree that it has happened to all of us. In fact, I started 2 threads about a remote start review and a pay it forward/freebie thread knowing that those two existed before. >:D::grin::

1 - 6 of 6 Posts