Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up guys my name is Daniel and I have just bought my first Nissan. It is a 2016 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4 with 14k miles. It was a deal I couldn't pass up. So far I'm in love with the truck and couldn't be happier with the purchase. Here's a nude for you gents.

I'm not new to the mechanics game. I previously owned a 2007 Mazdaspeed 6 that I spent like 3-4K on modifications in the motor alone. Did all the work myself by reading forums and asking the more knowledgeable guys for tips. Definitely willing to get my hands dirty. That Mazdaspeed had 525 awhp and 450 awtq
The last remaining picture of that vehicle is of the engine bay. I'll just leave this here...

My plans for this truck remain pretty mild. My wife would kill me if I got into this truck as far as my Mazda. For the time being my plans is to start with just a body lift, cosmetics with smoking the tail lights and changing front grille. The end goal being a 4-6 inch suspension lift, full grille guard, nice looking rims and tires, weld in some high flow cats, and a programmable tuner.

Let me know comments, suggestions for mods, or the level of Newb-ness this list seems to you all. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
128 Posts
Nice truck. Sounds like you are going the right direction with the mods. I'm not sure you can get 4-6" lift out of the suspension without killing your CVs. Probably have to go with a drop bracket kit to get that much lift safely. Then again, I'm somewhat of a newb and I'm only repeating things I've read on here thus far. I'm sure other's will chime in. Welcome.

Reactions: Totsky

·
Premium Member
7,137 Posts
Programmable tuner? Tell us more...

Reactions: Totsky

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Question for those who might see this. What (in your humble opinion) is the best/ most functional lift kit available for the second gen trucks. Back maybe a decade ago my cousin had a Tacoma and had Rancho 9000 kit I believe. Which were ride adjustable via an air compressor. Anything of that nature that anyone knows of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts