Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the sunroof can be ordered without the roofrack? I'll special order it if I have too.

Is the roofrack removable? Perhaps I could just take it off.

After much research and test driving, I have decided to go with a 4x4 CC Nismo. The problem is getting the one I want. I want the sunroof, but not the rack. I want the traction package also, but I never seen one with that option? And most of all I like the Storm Gray color. There seems to be plenty of fully loaded Black Frontiers around here, but that's about it.

Does anyone else agree that the sunroof seems to have more head room (as long as your sitting positioned under the sliiding cover that is) than the one without the sunroof? Its almost like the seat is lower??? I have the legs of a 5' person and the upper body of a 7' foot person so headroom is always a problem for me. My wife says I look like ET when I'm naked.

Looking like I'll have to special order it.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Removing the roof rack will leave holes in the roof.

You should be able to go online to nissan and build a Frontier the way you want it.
Some options just have to come together.

·
Registered
482 Posts
If you get a CC NISMO with sunroof, you have to get the roof rack. Its just the way Nissan did it. To get a CC w/sunroof and w/o roof rack, you'd have to get the SE trim.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I have not been in a Frontier with a sunroof because I do not like sunroofs, but it has been my experience that a sunroof allows less head room in the vehicles I have been
in.

OkieScot

·
Registered
906 Posts
Coldfire said:
My wife says I look like ET when I'm naked
Right, somehow I'm not picturing the truck with or without roof rack or sunroof. :lol:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just went thru this same dilemma. Was all set to buy an LE CC, until I found out that the roof rack is not optional, and would leave holes if removed.

I bought the SE CC with sunroof, no roof rack, and will be adding on other options aftermarket as necessary to get it where I want it (fog lights, custom stereo, etc).

One thing I can vouch for, is that the sunroof didn't seem to make the cab roof shorter at all. If anything, I personally think it seems roomier. That might just be personal opinion. I know several people here say it makes the head room less, but I'm just not feeling it.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everybody!

Just got off the phone with the dealer and it seems that you can't even special order it without the the roof rack. I can't believe it. Now I'm stuck with either getting the base Nismo (not a bad choice) or the fully loaded one with the roof rack. There is no in between??

Is it possible to contact the Factory directly to ask what's up?

Basically, the options are not that optional.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Have you thought about an aftermarket sunroof? They've come a long way, and a couple I've seen (one in a 05 Mustang, the other in a F-150) both looked factory! The headliner and controls are nicely finished and look as though they came from the factory that way! Cost is about $1000 to $1500 though, but they looked good! I'm considering adding one to my KC (that doesn't have a roof rack!)!

·
Registered
333 Posts
I must chime in
Dont cut a hole in your brand new roof, worst thing you can do
Number of reasons not to do it>>You figure it out

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you do decide to get rid of your roof rack ILL BUY IT!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.