Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow Frontier friends!

So I picked up my brand new 2010 Frontier Pro-4X last Thursday. All I can say is "WOW"! I'm an old-school kinda guy, my last "Nissan" truck was an '82 Datsun King Cab 4x4 that I bought new. I think it had a whopping 95 hp but the gears were decent so it did OK off road. What a difference 27 years makes. This truck has 2.5 times more horsepower/torque and a 100% better ride. I love the 5-spd automatic tranny, ultra-track bed channel system and locking diff. Should be a lot of fun when the snow begins flying!

I really struggled with selecting a mid-size truck. You can buy a V8 Chev Colorado for less money but Consumer Reports gives it terrible reviews. You can also get a small V8 in the Dodge Dakota but the fuel economy sucks. After tons of research it came down to either the Frontier or the Toyota Tacoma. I like the looks of the Tacoma better but one drive down the freeway sold me on the Frontier. The Tacoma drives like a lumber wagon, super harsh, firm ride. Why? It doesn't tow or haul much more than the Frontier. On the other hand, the Frontier drives like a Limo. Can't believe how well it absorbs road bumps and highway expansion joints. Maybe it's the Bilstein shocks that come with the Pro-4X, not sure, but I'm really impressed. These platitudes come from a guy that has owned Dodge Ram, Chevy Silverado and GMC Denali pickups. Though I sacrifice the bigger boxes that come with the former trucks, this one more than makes up for it with outstanding mileage. With 200 miles on it I'm getting 18 City, 22 hwy though to be honest, I'm driving it like my Grandma.

Looking forward to hangin' out with fellow Nissan fans,

Dan:hi:

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Welcome and enjoy, you came to the same conclusions most of us have on trucks.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Hi and welcome!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts